Computer Crashes/freezes with looping/buzzing sound

Dariox

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
My computer is crashing/freezing at, for the most part, random times. It has crashed while gaming, watching youtube/netflix, just we browsing, as well as when I leave my computer idle.

It freezing very frequently (1-multiple times/h) when playing Overwatch, Rocket League, Titan Fall 2.
Also frequently crashes if I am in the main menu of either Rust or PUBG. But NEVER in game. (this seems weird)
Will crash rarely when in LoL client, but never in game.
Also will occasionally crash when web browsing, watching youtube/netflix, or when my pc is just left idle.

I have done stress tests and ram tests and as far as I can tell Temps are not the issue and my ram is ok. I have also downloaded the most current graphics driver and reinstalled windows multiple times.

I have had this problem for months now and cannot figure it out. I am not able to perform any actions on my computer when it freezes and the only way I can get out of it is by pressing the reset button on my pc (or power).

My computer is custom built:
CPU: i5 4690k
MOBO: Gigabyte z97-HD3
GRAPHICS: MSI GTX 970 OC
RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16gb (2x8) ddr3-1600mhz
STORAGE SSD: Sandisk Plus 2.5" 120gb
STORAGE HDD: WD Blue 1TB 3.5" Sata 3 7200RPM
PSU: EVGA Nex750G 80plus gold

I also have the Hyper 212 evo cooler on my cpu.

I do not understand what is causing this and it seems to happen randomly but in accordance to the above listed credentials.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
have you changed anything in Bios? Overclocked?'

it MIGHT be that your PSU are failing. Does the looping/buzzing sound come from you speakers or from the pc itself?

Dariox

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017

I have fully reset my computer and bios to factory settings and the sound is coming from my headset/speakers.
I have not overclocked. I was planning to but then this issue started before I had a chance to try it. I do not know of a way to check my PSU if that is the problem, or even if there is a way other than trying a replacement PSU.