good motherboards for i7 4790 & gtx 1060

plocke1

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
i want to upgrade my gpu to a 1060 but my power supply has only 240 watt so i need to upgrade that. but i just found out that my current motherboard and psu has 14 pins (the motherboard is a lenovo sharkbay). i cant seem to find any good motherboards with a 1150 sockets. most that i found isnt for sale anymore and since im from Sweden i need a pretty popular one so its available here too. i dont have a low budget but id rather not buy a super expensive motherboard.

I feel like its almost better to buy a new cpu as well since i feel like the 1150 socket is very uncommon nowadays

plocke1

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

heres the info on the motherboard
Manufacturer: LENOVO
Model :SHARKBAY (SOCKET 0)
Version: 31900058 STD or WIN
Chipset Vendor: Intel
Chipset Model: Haswell
Chipset Revision: 06
Southbridge Vendor: Intel
Southbridge Model: H81
Southbridge Revision: C2

and since i have a i7 4790 processor, i know its a 1150 socket

Ok a new motherboard will require a new Windows licence as the one that came with that PC is tied to the original motherboard.

As you have already found pre built pc's from places like Dell, Lenovo, HP,etc often use non standard fittings and sockets. I can't find any info on your motherboard but its entirely possible a new motherboard won't fit in your case as the mounting holes are likely wrong.

This is why those who build there own pc's hate these types of pre built, they are not designed to be upgraded. You are looking nearly building a whole new pc.

plocke1

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

ive had the prebuild for 4 years now. so most of the components are shit so therefore im only keeping my harddrive and my cpu (i7 4790) so your pretty much right that ill have to build a completely new pc but im fine with that though