A 4.1 GHz Dual Core at £79.95 - Can it be True?

only_me

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
has only one else look at this!

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores_uk/

its great, i'm pricing up a new system now

only_me

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
i think its worth looking at, if you want a cheap upgrade.

someone didn't like it, they have given me one star! lol! either a AMD fanboy or an enemy, who was it! show yourself, you coward.
:D

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
wow... crazy power consumption on that thing..... LOL around 200w + under load.... that is insane.... that is only the CPU..... it would cost you about $15 a month if you ran that thing full load all month.... not to mention the PSU you would have to buy to achieve that kind of OC.... cause that load is only CPU, not cpu and video card..... you could add close to another 80W-90W for the video card under load.... and you are looking at 560W watts give or take 10W..... my setup with 2 GTX's and a 165 OC'ed @ 2.6 is almost half of that..... much less it runs @ about 70 less watts at idle.... would be "cool" to play with that.... but I would not want to pay the bills to cool the house or to power that hog..... pretty impressive OC though.

edit.... the figure is closer to $30 a month..... @ 470-500W total system draw... and 60% is all CPU.....

only_me

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
i'm sure that won't stop most people, :lol: i think the this to remember is that a £79.95 processor can be clocked high enough to beat a £600 processor, thats impressive, tho i would still get a AMD 170

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Wow! I must say that is impressive. I wonder if they have tried it on more than one processor. Did they just get lucky?
Anyways, I'd be tempted to buy one because of the price, but the inefficiency still makes me cringe. All that power and heat, yuck. Thats gotta take a toll on the other components in your machine, not to mention your electric bill.

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Wow! I must say that is impressive. I wonder if they have tried it on more than one processor. Did they just get lucky?
Anyways, I'd be tempted to buy one because of the price, but the inefficiency still makes me cringe. All that power and heat, yuck. Thats gotta take a toll on the other components in your machine, not to mention your electric bill.
Its obvious to me that if Intel thought they wouldnt burn up they would at least clock that chip at 3.4 and sell it right? So maybe someone can get 4.1ghz out of it but how long will it last before it chokes? Maybe we'll see. 8O

TRENDING THREADS