SO's PC is being weird, need some help.

Cedric Victor

Honorable
May 25, 2013
She was browsing reddit yesterday and her screen just went black, she had to force reboot.

This led to the infamous black screen after windows logo, familiar territory.

Booted in safe mode, uninstalled video drivers, tried an older driver, the pc booted properly only once outside of safe mode in 800x600 resolution, then black screen again. Tried a dozen other drivers, everything leads to black screen after windows logo. Ive fully uninstalled the drivers in device manager, always "perform clean install" the drivers im installing.

I try to restore windows (and keep files) and then I get the "error windows encountered an error" after the windows logo. It undo's those changes and I can open in safe mode again.

Alright worst comes to worst Ill just reinstall windows. Nope, for some reason when I try to open her bios or boot options, black screen. There seems to be no way to reinstall windows... Her pc doesnt detect the bootable usb on boot.

This seems to leave me with only 1 option, which is to forcefully wipe the C drive via command prompt and manually install windows, but I've never done this and am wondering if someone could help me out. Hopefully there's a solution that wouldn't require the wipe though.

SPECS:
Windows 10 x64
i5
8gb ram
680gtx
(Im at work, will update when I can, I dont remember the exact specs)

Cedric Victor

Honorable
May 25, 2013

Unfortunately a long time ago when I first built this pc for her, I had disabled the processors integrated video card because it was having some weird interference with the 680gtx. Now I cant go back and re enable it because I cant reach the bios. We still have a spare 660gtx lying around though, Ill try swapping that tonight.

TRENDING THREADS