Black Screen with cursor after login (no task manager available)

Lukie24

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
Graphic Card: Radeon Rx480 8GB
CPU: AMD A10-7890k 4.3Ghz (Water cooled)
Motherboard: ASUS A88XM-A
PSU: I've forgot
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb each (16gb)

Hi everyone i am having problems with windows 10 I'm pretty sure I did an update then when I turned it off and turned it on the next day it will load up the pictures till after I login then I get 2 programmes load such as Team Viewer and my graphic card software then nothing after that I can't press or do nothing I can get task manager but it will not load up after I've pressed it thanks.

Solution
If you try to restart, does PC just hang and not do it?

at the screen before you login, where you click a key to bring up login box, click the power button in bottom
while holding down shift button, click restart PC
this should load advanced startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

see if its same here
Check device manager for any unknown devices or warnings

Try unplugging all external peripherals so extra USB devices, Speakers, External hdd .. as it could be windows is waiting for something to answer

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you try to restart, does PC just hang and not do it?

at the screen before you login, where you click a key to bring up login box, click the power button in bottom
while holding down shift button, click restart PC
this should load advanced startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

see if its same here
Check device manager for any unknown devices or warnings

Try unplugging all external peripherals so extra USB devices, Speakers, External hdd .. as it could be windows is waiting for something to answer

Solution