Mouse or Keyboard wont turn on monitor from inactivity.

technoguru

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Alright, so I got new 1080p monitor and with it I did fresh install of Win 10. Everything works great except this one little thing. My monitor is set to turn off display after 20 min. After display turns off I can't turn it back on using mouse and keyboard like any other PC user out there. Only way to turn display back on is by pressing power button on my monitor to turn it off and then on again. I got all the newest drivers and stuff like that. I tried allowing devices to wake up this PC in device manager, I enabled everying I could in power plan settings still nothing. Only thing that comes to my mind is that maybe USB ports somehow lose power after monitor turns off. I saw a comment somewhere that it could be changed in BIOS but I couldn't find any setting like that in my BIOS. Both, keyboard and mouse are USB and sleep mode is set to "never" because I'm downloading games at night. I hope that I gave you enough shit to work with.

Solution
"Only way to turn display back on is by pressing power button on my monitor to turn it off and then on again."
That tells me the computer was sending the signal for an image but the monitor itself was not detecting that there's an active signal so it would not turn back on.

Can you try this again but connect to your old monitor and see if that one has the same issue. If it doesn't, I would return that monitor you bought OR call the manufacturer for warranty service.

"Only way to turn display back on is by pressing power button on my monitor to turn it off and then on again."
That tells me the computer was sending the signal for an image but the monitor itself was not detecting that there's an active signal so it would not turn back on.

Can you try this again but connect to your old monitor and see if that one has the same issue. If it doesn't, I would return that monitor you bought OR call the manufacturer for warranty service.

Solution