PC is on and running but there is no signal after clock speed increase

deded9090

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
I recently built my first computer and I wanted to increase the clock speed on my cpu by entering the BIOS and adjusting my frequency. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 and my clock speed was at 3.0ghz and I increased the speed to 3.5ghz (3000mhz to 3500mhz) which is still not considered overclocking as the chip can turbo to 3.7ghz. I saved and exited the BIOS and my monitor said no signal. I did all that I could think of by reinserting the gpu and reinserting the ram and unplugging and plugging back in the power supply. I tried different monitors and different hdmi ports and I still ended up with no signal. What can I do to repair this issue?
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 with stock cooler
Gigabyte GTX 1060 3gb x2 OC edition
Msi B350 Gaming Plus
Crucial Sport 2x8gb 16gb ddr4 2400mhz
Rosewill Bradley M Case
EVGA 500W 80+ White Non Modular
SanDisk 120gb ssd
Western Digital 250gb 7200rpm hdd

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
get another computer with a working monitor do a remote connection and try going into your bios settings through whats called a back door reset to last known good config. or bios defaults once you do this go read up on your computer and how to properly overclock to close to max. this should prevent the system from doing this again . if you cant get in through a remote connection then you'll need to take it to a repair shop and explain to them what you did and what happened. thats about all you can do,

deded9090

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

Would a laptop work and how would I do this?

deded9090

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
I got the parts working yay!!!, I just reinstalled the ram, took out the pcie port out again, and took out the CMOS battery at the same time and that worked

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

since you got it working you wont need to do a remote connection, but to do a remote connect your computer would have to allow remote connections and then you'd need to have the computer's name; then name you gave it when you first signon to it. then a remote connection through the laptop, then it would be all dos based language typing to access the bios. if your computer language savvy .

Sorry for interfering, but how would you remotely connect to a computer not POST-ing? Have you ever tested the above?

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

Most computers are already set for remote connection unless the user changed this setting, so to connect remotely would not be a problem. And you would need another computer or laptop to do this.

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Again most computers have the remote connection ability already enabled unless the Admin, user has changed this and yes you can connect with a laptop remotely.
When I worked in the week electronics industry one is able to access units without normal access. You just need the right tools. That's why they have departments called trouble shooting and repair. Or commonly known as testing and rework.

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
there was no mention of the unit not working, and yes I used to be an Electronic Tester.
but on those types of units there are several trouble shooting procedure's that you need to do to find the root of the problem you just cant presume that its a recognizable one on the surface. if you have a problem that is your own if I can help I will, but if your challenging my knowledge Don't ! im not on here for a pissing match.