Computer won't boot while gpu is plugged in

Matt21081

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
I recently made this computer and I had to unplug the gpu to install windows but when I powered it down after windows was installed and plugged in the gpu it won't boot up without the 6 pin pci express pin plugged in to the gpu it boots perfectly fine otherwise it doesn't work I need to use my gpu for gaming I've tried a different 6 pin still doesn't work everything is in place and secure I'm stumped on why it won't boot and it isn't fried because I was grounded and it turns on and runs it just won't boot

Specs:
Intel i5 6500
Msi geforce gtx 1060
Gigabyte z170 hd3
Corsair vengeance 2x4gb
silver stone strider essential 600w
WD 1TB HDD

Solution
Can you use some periods? I can't understand what your trying to say, although it sounds like you didn't install any drivers for your GPU. Unplug it, then use the integrated graphics to install the driers. Plug the GPU back in back in with the power connectors, and make sure your video cable is plugged into your GPU- not the motherboard- and try again.

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Can you use some periods? I can't understand what your trying to say, although it sounds like you didn't install any drivers for your GPU. Unplug it, then use the integrated graphics to install the driers. Plug the GPU back in back in with the power connectors, and make sure your video cable is plugged into your GPU- not the motherboard- and try again.

Solution