Cpu, Motherboard and RAM with 1060

Dethey

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
Hello!

Ive recently earned some money and intend to upgrade some parts in my computer. I bought a MSI Gaming X 1060 GPU for about 6 months ago and now wish to upgrade even more. My question is therefor: What CPU, Motherboard and RAM would be good to or would you recommend to get with the GPU.

I dont intend to spend all my money that i received but my budget should preferably lay between 400-500$ (In my country you would have to add 25% VAT aswell but dont bother thinking about it)

My current spec is:
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1060 6GB
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Black Edition
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
RAM: Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600Mhz 8GB
PSU: Cooler Master B500, 500W
(Not sure why i added the CPU,RAM and Motherboard as i intend to get it replaced but i will let you know anyways)

I would also prefer the new components to be sort of future proof because i would prefer to not replace it so quickly (Could work fine for about 2-3 years). I can also add that i intend to game at 1080p as for now due to my monitor cant handle anymore. I might buy a new 144Hz monitor in a few months but would probably stick to 1080p as ive read that my GPU cant handle any higher. One last question and its about RAM. Is 8gb ram enough for todays gaming or would you advise me to grab 16GB.

If there is something i have forgotten to mention that you would like to know let me know :).

Thanks for all answer :)

Rakanyshu

Distinguished

Dethey

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016

I checked prices and so on. This build would be 520$ dollars in my country and im not certain if i want to spend that much. I have therefor a question for you. Would a r5 1500x be enough to pair with my GTX 1060 for 1080p gaming since i found a package price on sale for 399$ with a stronger motherboard and 16GB 3000Mhz. As i said, is 1500x enough?
I also want to thank you for your reply, it helped me alot by choosing :)

amtseung

Distinguished
If you can find a similar bundle but with an R5 1400 and for cheaper, that's what I'd go for. The R5 1400 and 1500x are identical in every way shape and form, except with different base clocks. If you can overclock a 1400 and 1500x to an identical 4ghz, you'd get exactly the same performance.

To answer your question directly, it will work quite well, especially if you overclock.