Would this be a good PC Build without any problems?

woj001

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
Title says it all, I would have

• Case: HZXT H440
    Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K
    GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Z170
    Power Supply: EVGA 750W GQ ATX (Would this be enough or is more needed just in case?)
This is my first PC build that I am planning on doing and i'm obviously not very experienced with builds so can you guys see any potential problems that I could have in terms of the dimensions and if a 750W power supply will be enough?

Also when i get down to building the PC I know that it may get difficult with the wiring so how would i wire everything together and what connectors would be the best?

Thanks for all of your answers, mean a lot. :)

750W will be fine, 650W would be as well if it costs that much less. Why are you using a 6700K and Z170 instead of a 7700k and Z270? That's a needlessly expensive motherboard for a beginner. Which CPU cooler are you going to get? As far as building the computer, all the right wires will come with the computer. When it comes to building it's pretty simple and there are hundreds of decent guides on youtube. For your sake I'd also hope that you have at least a 1440p 144hz or 4k monitor to take advantage of the power of this build.

woj001

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

I have a 144hz monitor and also the i6700K and Z170 are for sale for me and i think that they will work very well with the things that i will get. Also I don't really know which cooler to get, do you perhaps have any suggestions? And also do the wires come with the case or somewhere else?

The power cables all come with the power supply, the SATA cables for the storage come with the motherboard, and the wires for the connections on the case come with the case. Even if that motherboard is on sale I can't imagine it's the best option for you, it's for very extreme overclocking (LN2/dice) and carries a price premium because of it. For the cooler, the Noctua NH-D14, NH-D15, or a simple liquid cooler like the H110 would probably be your best options if you plan on overclocking. If you don't plan on overclocking, then the Cryorig H7 is a great cooler. Are you talking about 144hz 1080p or 1440p?

Depends. What is your budget? Do you live in the US? If another country, please list two websites that you would consider purchasing PC components from.

CPU and motherboard: I'd much rather see you get the i7-7700K and Z270 chipset motherboard, so that you had the latest Intel kaby lake generation. Also, this would allow you the option of upgrading to Intel Optane storage caching in the future. Speaking of storage, will you be purchasing that as well?

CPU cooler: minimum air cooler that I would consider is cryorig h7 air cooler ($30 USD). I don't personally own the kaby lake i7-7700k, but I've read that it runs warmer than previous generations when overclocked, and therefore some people upgrade to AIO water cooling (~$115). Personally I'd split the difference in cost, and get a Noctua NH-U12S air cooler ($60 USD). The downside with the Noctua branded coolers is that they have an unattractive color scheme, however they perform admirably. Since you have your eye set on a ROG motherboard, I assume that aesthetics are important to you.

power supply: I'd rather see you lower your wattage to 650 watts, and possibly use your money saved to upgrade to a tier one, fully modular power supply. EVGA G2 650 ($100 USD) would be an excellent choice.

memory: You'll need to budget for at least 16 GB of DDR4 RAM as well.

woj001

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

Apologies about this but why exactly do you think that the motherboard won't be good for the build? i have an 144hz AOC G2770PF Monitor and as far as i'm aware it is 1080p Link ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013YIR5WU/?tag=ho01f-21 )

It would be good for the build, it just costs $100 more than something you'd get the same experience out of. Also the 1080 ti for 1080p 144hz is kind of overkill, you might want to just get a GTX 1080. Basically what I'm saying is that you could get the same experience for less money.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vmpwV

This along with whatever storage you want would be an excellent build.

woj001

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

I live in the UK and in all honesty the Z170 and I-6700k is all i can afford for that, I am not looking for the best PC in the world but just whether this build would be compatible with everything and if it would all work. I am aware that I will need to buy RAM memory but I am not sure which brand as I see many different types of different 16GB RAM with a quite big price range from £60 to £120 but the cheap brand is called 'Crucial' but i don't know whether different types of RAM will affect the performance.

And also I can't really spend any more than £50 on cooling for the PC, but I appreciate the response and will probably upgrade either way in the future

woj001

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

I like to go overkill as things change and become more advanced, I would save about £100 if i got the Normal GTX 1080 instead of the one that i mentioned in the beginning, also i am probably going to get another monitor when i get more money saved up.

woj001

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

Ok so i want either a GTX 1080 or a GTX 1080TI, It would be quite a big overkill i agree but the performance would be better, I am planning to play the games that a pretty good PC so idk for example Ghost Recon wildlands, GTA V, Ark survival, Battlefield 1 etc but I want very good quality out of the games hence why the overkill with the GPU but i guess i would have about £400 left after buying the Processor The GTX 1080Ti and The motherboard.

£400 is about $520 Don't forget I will have to buy also the 16GB of RAM , storage and other essential things in the build