[HELP] PC Freezes While Playing Games Or Doing Anything. Have to Force Restart

ZyraBreh

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I recently bought and built a new pc, and ever since ive built ive had nothing but problems.

First, i was getting Automatic Repair Loop and BSOD whenever id play. I then figured out something was faulty with the ssd i had as my boot drive and i removed it and all Automatic Repair Loop and BSOD is gone. I replaced it with an older WD Hard Drive and everything worked for about 3 days and then i ran into the issue im having right now. I could be playing CSGO or even on YouTube or Twitch and it will freeze up forcing me to restart my pc from the power button. While it freezes, I check to see if its deadlocked or not by tapping the cap locks key but sometimes its not deadlocked. Its a 50-50 chance of it being deadlocked. Ive ran memtest and had no ram issues and im checked both my hard drives and both had no problems. Ive also reinstalled windows many times.

I was gonna try to update my bios but im kinda worried that my system my hang itself and freeze up while updating bios. But i honestly think it might be faulty RAM. I have 1 8gb 2400mhz ddr4 stick. Ive tried playing with different ram slots and keep running into the same problem. If its not my ram, im thinking it could be my PSU or one of my hard drives. Yet idk what to do. Thats where i need help, because i cant even go 1 day without having to force restart my pc like 3-4 times a day. Also, ALT+Tab, CTRL+ALT+Delete, etc. dont work. Therefore, forcing me to restart from the power button. Any comment is helpful, just tryna figure out what to do.

PC SPECS:
GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB SC
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
CPU Cooler: Stock Wraith Cooler (Have Cooler Master Hyper 212 but not installed.)
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin
Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM
MotherBoard: MSI B350m Gaming Pro
PSU: EVGA 430 Watt

Solution
This sounds like a DRAM failure to me. Make sure the airflow in your case is good. sometimes the machine will throttle if cool air doesn't get into the case to cool the components down properly. The general rule of thumbs are making sure the fans at the front and bottom draw cool air in and the back and top draw hot air out.

I would also install the better CPU cooler and try some Arctic MX4 thermal paste (A pea sized amount is perfect and no need to smear it with a credit card). when it freezes in my experience it's either the processor or RAM.

Hope this helps :)

hypogogic

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
This sounds like a DRAM failure to me. Make sure the airflow in your case is good. sometimes the machine will throttle if cool air doesn't get into the case to cool the components down properly. The general rule of thumbs are making sure the fans at the front and bottom draw cool air in and the back and top draw hot air out.

I would also install the better CPU cooler and try some Arctic MX4 thermal paste (A pea sized amount is perfect and no need to smear it with a credit card). when it freezes in my experience it's either the processor or RAM.

Hope this helps :)

Solution

ZyraBreh

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017

Thanks for the comment, im going to try returning my ram for a new stick and see if the problems still happen, and i will install my Cooler Master Hyper 212.

Thanks again for the advice :)