Multiple BSOD/crashes - custom build - clean Windows 10 install

Ortum161

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kVgfjc

Components of my build above. No overclock

I have been having issues with my custom build for some months now with constant crashes every time I use it. I have reinstalled Windows 10 OS multiple times from a USB drive, but I get crashes from the start. At first I thought the ISO on the USB may be corrupted as WhoCrashed kept pointing to Windows OS and/or drivers (GPU), so I made a new one but I still get BSOD crashes almost immediately. I am not even able to use the computer to properly diagnose the issue. For example, when I do a clean reinstall of Windows 10, I will open Microsoft edge to try to download WhoCrashed and I will get a BSOD shortly after opening the browser and then will continue to crash with BSOD on consequent start ups. I have also tried updating windows first, or trying to download the GPU driver first, but I am always met with BSOD and sometimes cannot even get back into windows. I have run sfc /scannow, but it said it was unable to resolve errors.

The computer did work for a time (able to run Titanfall 2 and Dark Souls) and did have some less frequent BSOD, and I was able to run tests on the hardware using furmark and memtest86 as well as using HWmonitor. I did not get any hardware errors. This leads me to believe it is software based, but I am more than willing to accept that I messed something up in the build.

Examples of BSOD error messages received:
irql driver_not_less_or_equal
irql_not_less_or_equal
system_service_exception
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
kmode_exception_not_handled

Normally I wouldn’t post to a forum, but I have been researching and troubleshooting for literally months and I’m stuck. Any suggestions and help are greatly appreciated.

Solution
most of those are data errors

you tested ram, 1 stick at a time in memtest?
If install is only new, can you go to c/windows folder, copy the Memory.dmp file to documents and copy it onto a USB if small enough to upload it from a working PC to a cloud server and share link here.

Are you using the drivers off the installer for motherboard? the board is new enough that drivers shouldn't be too out of date.
Win 10 should be installing Nvidia drivers to match GPU

we can try this to fix the errors SFC couldn't
open command prompt (admin)
Copy/paste this into box - it needs to be exact
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
Once its complete, run SFC /scannow and restart PC

DISM fixes the image files that SFC...

Colif

Win 11 Master
most of those are data errors

you tested ram, 1 stick at a time in memtest?
If install is only new, can you go to c/windows folder, copy the Memory.dmp file to documents and copy it onto a USB if small enough to upload it from a working PC to a cloud server and share link here.

Are you using the drivers off the installer for motherboard? the board is new enough that drivers shouldn't be too out of date.
Win 10 should be installing Nvidia drivers to match GPU

we can try this to fix the errors SFC couldn't
open command prompt (admin)
Copy/paste this into box - it needs to be exact
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
Once its complete, run SFC /scannow and restart PC

DISM fixes the image files that SFC uses to fix system files.

You could try this to test CPU - http://www.tcsscreening.com/files/users/IPDT_LiveUSB/index.html (only offer linux version as you say Windows crashes a lot)

Solution