Need to find laptops with a i7 4700MQ

TheRealDJDuckVenom

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Hi There,

Recently my laptop died. I then discovered through an error code that the cpu has failed. So I opened my laptop to take a look. I then discovered that my cpu could be easily taken out and put back in (Like a desktop cpu). So I looked on ebay for my cpu which is the i7 4700MQ. I found some but they were £100+. I would like to know what laptops have this cpu so I can find a laptop that is broken but has a working cpu so I can put it in my laptop. This should hopefully be cheaper then buying the cpu separately.

Thanks

-Archie

P.S My laptop's warranty has ran out and I want to do it myself

TheRealDJDuckVenom

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

Because the average person might not think their "broken" laptop is worth much. People who are selling the cpus most likely know their stuff and then will sell it at a higher price then the average person

TheRealDJDuckVenom

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

Because the average person might not think their "broken" laptop is worth much. People who are selling the cpus most likely know their stuff and then will sell it at a higher price then the average person. Also the cpu is about 4 years old so the price will go down

TheRealDJDuckVenom

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

That is a desktop cpu not a mobile cpu which are need. People who buy high end desktop cpus know the actual value of the cpu. Most people don't need that power of the desktop cpu. Also that's a k series chip so only enthusiasts will buy it

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Prices on older CPUs don't go down as you might think/hope (although used tends to be cheaper). Also, the fact that it's a mobile chip makes it a niche part, meaning the price will likely decrease less. And again, if you found it for around 100 pounds, that's already 1/3 the price of what it was new.