144hz monitor help

JackBFC7

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
I have a gtx 1070 that has hdmi (doesn't carry 144hz), 3 x displayport 1.4 and 1 dl-dvi inputs. I am looking to buy a new 1080p 144hz monitor for gaming, looking at this one here and there are two options i am looking at, the first one (cheaper) that doesn't offer DP support and the other that has DP support. What is the best one to go for, as they both have duel link DVI which i believe can support 1080p @ 144hz. As a summary is there a difference between a duel link DVI or a displayport connection as it can save me ~£100 if i can just use the duel link DVI instead to get the full 1080p at 144hz out of the monitor.

Solution
DP is going to have better RGB color output. If super color quality isn't something you care about and regular is fine with you then use DVI. It also depends on the monitor and it's color accuracy reproduction abilities for the RGB color space as to whether or not DP would benefit you. If you are just gaming and not doing any color work in video editing or Photoshop then just use the DVI and save money.

JackBFC7

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

Is there any difference between DP and dual DVI? Or is it exactly the same

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
DP is going to have better RGB color output. If super color quality isn't something you care about and regular is fine with you then use DVI. It also depends on the monitor and it's color accuracy reproduction abilities for the RGB color space as to whether or not DP would benefit you. If you are just gaming and not doing any color work in video editing or Photoshop then just use the DVI and save money.

Solution

JackBFC7

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

Ok, thanks alot!