Need help with my PC build (I'm a noobie)

Iteshaam

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
is this a good pc setup its costing me around 2000 in total, and I'm a real noobie when it comes pc setups because I'm a console guy (sorry). Im really intrigued to get a pc but obviously as i'm only 17 i really some reassurance with what I'm buying and if it is all compatible, I did check if all of this is compatible but of course I'm always having doubts and i would like someone with more knowledge's opinion on my build and whether it is a good buy for me. really want to buy it asap but of course i don't want to make any mistakes as its all my hard working money and I really have to triple check if this is all good. I am also struggling with which case to get and which one will hundred percent fit what I have. Please help, any feedback is so helpful to me and any improvements that can be made will really help me learn this pc life thanks again

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TnwqzM

Iteshaam

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

is the case ok? I've never built a pc before would this be ok? and also i would probably need a cpu cooler right? also with the monitor i play a lot of mobas and i find this to be good suited monitor for me, review also look really good. But saying this, i want to try better games which i couldn't normally run on my crappy macbook

Yes, that is one of the most used cases atm and should definitely fit everything. And no you won't need a cpu cooler since the Ryzen 7 1700 comes with it's own cooler that's pretty good.
I have my Ryzen 7 1700 overclocked to 3.8GHz with the stock cooler and it generally goes around 50c-70c while gaming.

Iteshaam

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

Thanks man thats really helped me out. sorry if this sounds noobie but what is 50c? so i don't need a cpu cooler and if you don't mind, what tools will i need to build my pc, i will also search but just wondering. Should i get the tp link thing or should i get extraa ports for my wi fi and get wired connection. If i do wired connection would i need any more parts for my pc to get wired connection

As for the monitor, i personally prefer higher graphical fidelity over fps and i think you'd enjoy AAA games more on a higher resolution screen, but that's just my own opinion and if you prefer higher refresh rate then go for the 144Hz monitor. It's your choice after all.

Iteshaam

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

sorry last question, should i buy the windows last and look for good deals, and should i get the tp link wifi or get wired connection?

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
A higher resolution is always better too, but most shooters need high refresh rates. This allows the player to see a more accurate picture of where everybody else is, the 144hz means the screen can refresh faster. Now on the other hand a lot of AAA modern games will benefit from the higher resolution because it allows you to fit more information on the screen at the same time. So both are really nice to have

Windows usually stays around the same price where ever you look and if you see it for noticeably less than what mainstream stores are selling it for (g2a, kinguin) then it's usually a scam.

TRENDING THREADS