Windows 10 OS SSD takes up to 10 minutes to boot up.

Silverfusion

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Hello ! Once my SSD could boot my OS in ~5 seconds, but after one failed windows 10 update , it began booting up for more than 10 minutes. I re-installed Windows 10 freshly, yet it still takes around 10 minutes to boot up. It starts by showing windows logo, then it's just a loading screen for 10 minutes, then PC works perfectly fine and fast. I have an HDD connected aswell.
Already updated all drivers.
SSD: OCZ-Trion100 225 GB.

Solution
When you did the fresh install of Windows, did you disconnect the HDD? If not, the boot manager files may be on the HDD, but I wouldn't think that would lead to a 10 minute boot process. Try disconnecting the HDD and then see if it will boot from the SSD. If not, do a fresh install with only the SSD connected.
When you did the fresh install of Windows, did you disconnect the HDD? If not, the boot manager files may be on the HDD, but I wouldn't think that would lead to a 10 minute boot process. Try disconnecting the HDD and then see if it will boot from the SSD. If not, do a fresh install with only the SSD connected.

Solution

Silverfusion

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

SSD health is : ok, and I recently updated all drivers, yet the problem stays.

Silverfusion

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

I tried disconnecting HDD , but the boot time is the same. Will try re-installing fresh on SSD .

Could a failed Windows Update cause this ?

Remove the HDD. Download 10 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 if your copy is more than a month old. Install onto SSD.

When you installed did you remove all apps and files or?

Have you tried a clean boot? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows You can also go as far as using hardwired keyboard and mouse.

Do you have fast boot enabled? Something like that is usually in all BIOS. They allow the PC to boot quicker because the BIOS doesn't go through its normal tests.

I only have SSD enabled as far as a boot device. All others are disabled. It isn't SSD, HDD, DVD etc.. I have every one of my options disabled except for the SSD. This way it won't waste time looking any other place.

Silverfusion

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

Clean Boot and Fast Boot didn't work, I'll try re-installing OS on SSD without HDD