Newegg Shipping Costs

I know Newegg usually has free standard shipping, which has become slower than I would like. It took 2 weeks to get a motherboard recently. But If I want expedited shipping; living in the U.S., why do they charge double what my local USPS office charges me to ship something priority/expedited?

I'm just really feeling like Newegg is falling behind other retailers when it comes to shipping. I can think of 3 other sites I now prefer to order from that have either free expedited shipping or much cheaper expedited shipping.

Solution

mwryder55

Distinguished
When I order from Newegg using the free standard shipping I usually get what I order in 1 to 2 business days after the order is placed. They usually ship what I order by the following day and I am within 300 miles of the shipping point. This even occurred when I ordered a GTX 1060 on Black Friday. Maybe your order was delayed due to the item not being in stock.

Maybe I'm overreacting on the one time my shipment was late, I did get a $10 discount from Newegg on the order for being late delivering. But still, if I want to make sure I get an order in 2 business days I have to pay $20? I think that's a little ridiculous when other sites do it either for free or less than $10.

I'm just saying, I always look for the item on Amazon or B&H Photo before I buy on Newegg, even if I have to pay tax at Amazon, at least I get it in 2 days instead of 4. Usually means the difference between getting something on Friday vs. next Tuesday.

Just showing you the item that took almost 2 weeks to arrive. Ordered on Jul 1.

MFMulaK.png

mwryder55

Distinguished
Your transit history shows that the problem wasn't with Newegg, but with FedEx. Why it took 9 days to move it from the Newegg warehouse to the local USPS office I don't know. Once the Post Office got the package for delivery they delivered it the next day.

d3r3k01

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

When I paid extra for the 3 day delivery, which I actually needed because was traveling. #1 I never got a tracking number. #2 My order stated it would be here Sept 8th. and I stayed how to be able to sign for it. #3 I called and they said "oh, no it is three days from when we ship it out from the warehouse."

I politely explained to the customer service rep that I have an MBA and that they received payment for 3 day delivery. I do not have any concern if you have to source from a secondary warehouse and then send the package. That is you business. Your business with me was a three day delivery and that they guaranteed it. She stated that there was fine print in the user agreement. I said politely please escalate this to your supervisor because This process is know taking over 5 business days should they possibly deliver Monday. I would also be inconvenienced by having to have a person stay at my house all day to sign for it because I leave for vacation that Saturday. So they have a quasi guaranteed 3 day shipping. Do not bother paying for expedited shipping! It is BS.

Solution

mwryder55

Distinguished