Looking for good mechanical switch keyboard without lights

covertslinky

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I have done my own research into to getting my next keyboard. It'll be the first time I get to play with a mechanical switch type, just want to see for myself what the hype holds up to. So far all I see are reviews covering these so called elite boards with every so fancy rainbow colors, that you undoubtedly pay extra for. So that brings me to my question. Can anyone suggest good mechanical switch keyboards that don't boast stupid light shows?

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
I should warn you that most mechanical keyboards feature some kind of backlighting, RGB or not. You may not want it, but even a solid red or blue backlighting is better than no backlighting at all.

Back to the question. Depends. What kind of switch are you looking for? Cherry MX? If so, which kind? Red for linear with no tactile bump (great for gaming), Blue for a very clicky and tactile feel (great for typing), or Brown for a linear with a tactile bump (Compromise between Red and Blue).

All of the new Razer keyboards use their own switch, but I believe most of them have backlighting.

Keyboards have a lot of variance to them depending on manufacturer and type of switch, it isn't something as simple as "Pick this!" You might have to do some research of your own to find a mechanical keyboard that you want within your budget.

mwryder55

Distinguished
I have a Logitech mechanical keyboard (G710 I think) with just white back lighting. This can be set to one of three levels from off to bright for groups of switches.