Problem: Partition windows 10 or Ubuntu?

Davide_9

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone, I just formatted windows 10 and since I have a dual operating system Ubuntu and Windows 10 I didn't know where to install it since I don't mean partitions so I have no idea where linux can be and so i'm
afraid of Install windows 10 on linux and lose all the data above.

http://

This is the link of the screenshot. Thanks in advance!

Solution
To elaborate, whenever you mess with your partitions there is always a chance that you can loose personal data. The first step in dual booting is always back up all of your personal data. Messing with partitions is fun, I do it all the time, but I always back up my data first.

In your situation the answer is easy. Create a live Linux USB stick and use that to install GParted on the USB stick. From there you can view all of your partitions and also move your data.
To elaborate, whenever you mess with your partitions there is always a chance that you can loose personal data. The first step in dual booting is always back up all of your personal data. Messing with partitions is fun, I do it all the time, but I always back up my data first.

In your situation the answer is easy. Create a live Linux USB stick and use that to install GParted on the USB stick. From there you can view all of your partitions and also move your data.

Solution