Please Help. PC ran into issues Error

Jordan97

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
New build, every time I start up after about a minute or so i get the PC ran into some issues error - saying it's going to restart, the message doesn't continue printing before shutting down and not rebooting.
Not an entirely new build, I've switched out the motherboard after the previous one somehow died on me.
Some extra details(just in case it's relevant and helps):
When I was using the previous motherboard there was an instance where I had put in a HDMI cable which caused the port stop working, shortly after I'd get the same error until it just stopped working.
Now with this new motherboard I was able to get it to bios then to start up until it gave me the same error and shuts down on me.
I tried swapping the ram and I still get the same error.
Scratching sound occurs on start up
(Not using a cooler for the processor yet, as I'm waiting to get thermal glue for my cooler, will test again tomorrow after that's set up to see if it was a heating problem?)
Had issue where hdmi signal wouldn't be detected when using Video card, switched to onboard graphics instead, which resolved that particular issue.
Any ideas?
I was able to make it to bios, but not sure what to do now.
Specs:

Case - Storm Stryker
Ram: 2x 8GB Hyperx fury
Video Card - Msi Gtx 980
Processor - i7-4790K
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 (Previous) - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
Cooler- H100i
PSU - evga 850 g2

Jordan97

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017

Once I got the cooler the issue stopped, even though I was just trying to test if the PC would run consistently, I'm kinda scared I may have done irreversible damage to the components. Working fine so far, only time will tell I guess. Shorter life span maybe?:pfff: