Help with my first display port monitor

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
So...I am leak testing my new loop, which now includes my new 1080ti, and when I opened the box to my new monitor, I got my first glimpse at a display port cable. It's massive compared to the tiny HDMI attachment on the end of my old cable. I don't have room for the end of the cable where it plugs into my GPU.

Is there any sort of 90° adapter or something similar for using display port in confined space?

Thanks.

Solution
Oh, I see.
Well, you know where to buy the apropriate cable online, so if you have another PC or an inferior cable that will work and you want to avaiod drilling the hole, those are your options.
Thats and awsome setup too

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
That looks like it would work. Now I just have to find one locally today so that I can use it for my LAN party tomorrow. Can I get one of these at a Best buy or a microcenter or is this something that is odd and would have to be ordered online?

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
If you already have an adapter or can get one at your local store you might just have to deal with it for a night, unless that store has the cable you're looking for. You can't just angle the PC to the wall for a couple days either?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
No, some modding going on here. I may just end up drilling a hole in the bottom to put the cable through.

Photo before leak testing.

2uYslZf.jpg

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Oh, I see.
Well, you know where to buy the apropriate cable online, so if you have another PC or an inferior cable that will work and you want to avaiod drilling the hole, those are your options.
Thats and awsome setup too

Solution