No display on monitor using my graphics card

Apr 15, 2014
Hello all.

Recently my old PSU failed me so I bought a new one, specifically the corsair CS650M to compensate for my build, and I ran into a problem.

First of I would like to say that I have no case to fit the motherboard in so everything is outside of the case. I am using my screwdriver to jump the power buttons on my motherboard in order for my computer to work.

As I plug in everything in the correct spots, I ran into a problem where my GPU would not display anything on screen. When jumped, the fans would spin for 30 second before stopping. I have connected a DVI and HDMI cable to 2 of my monitors and none of them seem to show any display.

If I am getting this right I have attached a 6+2 PCIe cable to a 8 pin card (MSI Armor GTX 1070) and have attached the 8 pin end of the PCIe connector (labelled type3) into the back of the PSU labelled "6+2 PCIe" just under that is a "4+4 CPU" slot.

I am unsure if it the wrong cabling into the card that it is not giving it enough power or something else that I have done wrong.

I can also tell you that the PSU is semi modular therefore the cable that is labelled "CPU" is a 8 pin connector that goes into my 12v 4x2 connector at the top of the motherboard.

My motherboard is also a Gigabyte Z170-K3.

I am also typing this on my PC using the onboard graphics from the motherboard by my HDMI cable, confirming that it is not a motherboard issue but GPU.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Solution
Can you try connecting just one monitor to the video card and starting up like that? Try with each of the two individually. Worry about dual monitors later.
When you've started using on-board graphics, if you go into device manager, is it registering your video card at all?

Sedivy

Estimable
Can you try connecting just one monitor to the video card and starting up like that? Try with each of the two individually. Worry about dual monitors later.
When you've started using on-board graphics, if you go into device manager, is it registering your video card at all?

Solution