Best gaming monitor?

nyxanna

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I know this looks like a typical google search but I feel like there just does not seem to be a unified response to this.

As far as I know the best monitor for gaming is a 27", IPS, 144Hz monitor and when I search many sites still show these kinds of monitors as the best but I see those curved monitors as well which seem to have 100Hz.
Some even state 4K monitors as the best but I don't get how playing at 60 FPS could possibly be any good??

Can you guys please explain to me what the best gaming monitor is currently?

Solution
@nyxanna
Why do you ignore me?
There is nothing like best gaming monitor for all games. From the specs, it is indeed one of the best. Here a short test
> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-pg348q-34-inch-curved-g-sync-monitor,4742-5.html
There are monitors out with less input lag and higher refresh rate or have better image quality. Also, the downscaling feature if you plan to play games with lower resolution differs from monitor to monitor. Some are good at low resolution, some other monitors have blurry image if you in example play at full hd.

All in all, from the specs it is a good gaming monitor. If you want ultra wide qhd with 34" and g-sync, then this is a no brainer to me. 100hz is not the best of the best in gaming...

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
There is no definitive answer to "best gaming monitor". There are different kind of games, when 32" 4k and 60hz might be the best given a specific budget or a 3 monitor setup or a giant curved one for racing games. Or you get 240Hz if you play fast games like Counter Strike, where resolution is not important. For gaming, in my opinion G-Sync or Freesync is a must have. So, there are coming some questions to my mind:

- what pc specs do you have?
- what monitor do you have now?
- what do you want play actually?
- why did you start to look around for an upgrade? Do you miss something?
- do you want do something else with it, like editing photos or looking movies on it?
- and almost most importantly, what is your budget?

nyxanna

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Thanks guys.
My question changed a bit.
Before I order this, could someone let me know if this can be considered the best gaming monitor?
ASUS ROG SWIFT Curved PG348Q, 34" UWQHD (3440x1440) Gaming monitor, IPS, up to 100Hz, DP, HDMI, USB3.0 , G-SYNC

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
@nyxanna
Why do you ignore me?
There is nothing like best gaming monitor for all games. From the specs, it is indeed one of the best. Here a short test
> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-pg348q-34-inch-curved-g-sync-monitor,4742-5.html
There are monitors out with less input lag and higher refresh rate or have better image quality. Also, the downscaling feature if you plan to play games with lower resolution differs from monitor to monitor. Some are good at low resolution, some other monitors have blurry image if you in example play at full hd.

All in all, from the specs it is a good gaming monitor. If you want ultra wide qhd with 34" and g-sync, then this is a no brainer to me. 100hz is not the best of the best in gaming currently, but if you are happy with it, then why not? There are some monitors out with 240hz.

Solution