X299 TUF Mark 1 Capacitor exploded!

Lundbeck

Reputable
Jul 31, 2017
Hello friends,

2 days ago i bought a new rig. 7800x, TUF Mark 1, 1080Ti FTW3, Evga G3 750 Gold, Corsair 4x8 3000 etc etc.

First i build the pc messy, cuz it was a bit late, installed W10 and went to bed. Worked flawlessly no problem.

Next day i came home to make cable management perfect, i tried my best for 2 hrs, and started to re-install W10 again cuz i forgot to install it on UEFI. Anyway, towards to ending of installation, PC just shut itself down, and 5 seconds later its opened and BOOM!, capacitor exploded, top-right, near debug leds (if anyone know which one it is and what it charges please let me know).

At the explosion moment,
There was 1 more pc, 2 monitors, 1 sound system, 1 modem, 1 router and 1 phone charger on the same outlet. And its protective outlet by Philips, i bought it for 40$ or sth. Using it for 3 years, no problem occured.

Now lets come to what i've tried;
1- Tried PSU on 2 different machines for hours, stressed the pc's, gaming etc. No problem. Worked smoothly.
2- I tried other parts, (gpu, ram, cpu vs.) they all work fine, no burning effects on them.

On the other hand i assume what might have caused the explosion;
1- High voltage, although correct me if i'm wrong but, wouldn't it effect all the components at the same outlet? None of them effected at all.
2- That specific PSU used over voltage, never happened on my tests on other pc's.
3- Bad capacitor? I hope this is it, cuz i dont know how to diagnose high voltage on outlet or PSU if thats the problem.

Thanks to all who helps, have a good day.

flep

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
Unfortunately the x299 chipset/mb's where rushed by manufactures due to Intel's request, hence the report by overclockers to not get any model that has only one power 8-pin port for the CPU instead of 8+4.

So you probably got back luck and received a faulty MB, hope you have warranty.

Lundbeck

Reputable
Jul 31, 2017
It has 8+4. I want to think that too, i hope its a faulty mobo, i sent it for change. We will see the results.

TRENDING THREADS