why was my post closed ? I need to make my panel work therefore I need someone to edit EDID

Abdullah_48

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
the only way to make my panel work on my laptop is said to edit edid on my panel firmware or is there a way to override it , why did they close my post ?

Solution
What makes you think you have to use the reply option? All it does is quote that post. When a user posts to a thread they automatically track that thread and get notifications of new posts made to that thread, you do not need to use the reply to notify them, That's how the forum works. So again all you did was post a bump. BTW excessive use of caps lock also a violation of the rules of conduct.

bignastyid

Titan

All you posted in the reply was "plz read my reply" which is a bump even if posted once.

Abdullah_48

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

It was because when u enter the website from a PHONE U CANT REPLY TO SOMEONE U HAVE TO WRITE IT WITHOUT A MENTION :)

Abdullah_48

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Abdullah_48 : "Importing monitor.inf file will fix the edid problem ?"

So I replaced my laptop panel with another it lights up but doesnt really work I have no control over the brightness nor G-Sync is there so do u guys think if I imported the inf file from an ASUS laptop with the same display will make it work ? Some ppl said I need to edit the EDID ? Plz tell me which one would work.

The display is AUO119D - B173HAN01.1 and if someone here owns the asus g701vi with that same display plz if u could upload that inf file I would really appreciate it.

bignastyid

Titan
What makes you think you have to use the reply option? All it does is quote that post. When a user posts to a thread they automatically track that thread and get notifications of new posts made to that thread, you do not need to use the reply to notify them, That's how the forum works. So again all you did was post a bump. BTW excessive use of caps lock also a violation of the rules of conduct.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Abdullah_48 : "need an expert in EDID panel fixer ( I can pay for ur service )"

Seeing as this is at least the 3rd time you've posted this...it seems unlikely that you are finding an 'expert' in your issue here.
Maybe time to take it to a local repair shop?