Image Burn and Green Tint in MSI Laptop Screen

Sabos909

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
My screen suddenly flashed to a green tint when I was playing a game earlier today. I thought I might have hit the color profile button on my laptop but swapping the profiles out didn't fix the issue.

Upon restart, I also notice that the black part of the screen shows a burned in image of my desktop wallpaper and bios text. I also got a brief flash of red tint on the left half of the screen but it went away rather quickly.

After some troubleshooting, I think the issue may be the LCD display itself. I'm eager to hear if anyone else has a thought on the matter.

Here are the debugging steps I've undertaken so far and the results:

• 1. Restarted the laptop: Bios screen is also tinted green.

2. Plugged in an external monitor through an HDMI cable: Color is fine on the external display.

3. Fullscreened a black image: Image burn from the image viewer frame is visible but fades after 30 seconds or so.

Because the external monitor works fine then the GPU is likely okay. The fact that I get a burned image, as well as an off tint color says to me that the LCD may just be bad (rather than the connecting cables). Is this line of thinking reasonable?

Solution
well its a hardware issue if you still seeing this on at the time of booting then yes its LCD if its in warranty you should contact service center

Sabos909

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
Yeah, luckily it was still under warranty. They are expecting almost a month to fix and ship, which adds up to a lot of lost productivity for me, unfortunately..

Thanks for your input.

well i have LG monitor i have the same issue i just called them they came to my home with in 2 - 3 days and replaced the panel:)

marcosdtc

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
I'm having the same issue with an Asus Q551L. It started failing like an year ago but suddenly after a few hours it simply got working again. Now, just about a week ago I left my laptop on overnight and my gaming headphone was close enough to the lid (which was down). When I woke up in the morning and lifted the lid, the screen was messed up. Here I don't know if having a connected headphone would cause any harm to the system but this was the only different thing I did from the routine.
I then tried to play videos for a few hours at full screen and it eventually recovered again from the issue. I thought it was some kind of static or magnetism thing over my laptop and actually thought it would last a whole another year or so to see that issue again

TRENDING THREADS