Dell S2716DGR help

Rune322

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
Hey everyone,

So I recently bought a Dell S2716DG 1440p monitor(with gsync/144hz refresh rate). I hooked it up and everything looks beautiful...then I noticed there are black bars around the picture. I took a cloth tailoring measuring tape to the picture from corner to corner, then took that and put it to my 27" Acer and it looks like I'm missing about a centimeter of screen being displayed. I know it's not the frame casing because that is only 1mm thick...and I saw the display at best buy before buying it and it was definitely filling the entire screen. Was wondering if anyone had this same issue and what fixes they did to fix it because it's kind of annoying me. I planned on getting a couple more of these to do a surround screen, but don't want to waste the money if this can't be fixed.

Solution
What you are seeing are the edges of the panel. While this monitor doesn't have a bezel that covers the edges of the panel like an Asus pg278q, the panel itself has a border before the pixels begin. I have the Acer xb271hu which has a an ultra thin bezel, followed by the thin black strip before the pixels as well. These panels do not go all the way to the edge. Hope this helps.

yoitsmegabe

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
What you are seeing are the edges of the panel. While this monitor doesn't have a bezel that covers the edges of the panel like an Asus pg278q, the panel itself has a border before the pixels begin. I have the Acer xb271hu which has a an ultra thin bezel, followed by the thin black strip before the pixels as well. These panels do not go all the way to the edge. Hope this helps.

Solution

yoitsmegabe

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015

Nah, Don't even worry about it. When I first got the Acer I questioned it too. The monitor still looks awesome. Enjoy!