how do I quote someone's post?

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
how do in quote someones post on a reply

I know a can use quote tag and copy paste text but that doesn't cut it

Ive seen that when in get reply in mail that someone response to my thread there is option to reply directly to that person with a quote but when I go directly to thread all I see are "submit answer" or "post answer" buttons.

I tried looking around other people posts but only clickable thing there is "options" but all it offers is "report" and "private message".

Also is there way to tag someone like @username so they will get notification about being mentioned?

Solution
Hi,

On the bottom right corner of someones post will have an up arrow saying reply to so and so, clicking that will bring up quote formation of the entire reply. From there you can chop and edit if you want to quote something more specific.

As for personal notifications, as far as i know there is not direct system for thread reply's besides being privately msged or receivership of an best answer. Only notification awareness is the updates window (The square with Hi, Zaporro) which indicates with bald txt when there has been an update reply to the thread you were involved in.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hi,

On the bottom right corner of someones post will have an up arrow saying reply to so and so, clicking that will bring up quote formation of the entire reply. From there you can chop and edit if you want to quote something more specific.

As for personal notifications, as far as i know there is not direct system for thread reply's besides being privately msged or receivership of an best answer. Only notification awareness is the updates window (The square with Hi, Zaporro) which indicates with bald txt when there has been an update reply to the thread you were involved in.

Solution

Latest posts