Can't overclock monitor

Alastair121

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
I have a Xl2411 moniter running at 144hz with a gtx 970 with geforce drivers installed, I use the DVI which comes with the monitor and use the latest drivers for everything.

I've been trying to overclock the monitor but I can only seem to get it to 145hz from 144hz which is pointless.

With Nvidia control panel, I created a custom resolution, on the side it said 325.0783 mhz as the pixel clock. At any resolution I could not increase the hz above 145.

With CRU, I could not get any resolution I made to appear in the windows setting. Strangely with cru when I run the restart64 application once done with cru then my monitor hz goes to 60 and 60hz becomes the only available option in windows, I have to reinstall my graphics driver just to get my 144hz option back. Very annoying.

I installed this pixel patch thing after all else failed and still can't get past 145hz. Looking online other people have clocked their benq xl2411 monitors above 145hz.

When I test a hz above 145, my monitor goes black and says, out of range.
With nvida control panel not letting me overclock and using cru with no luck and no other forums helping me with this problem, I've come here.
Please don't ask why I want to overclock above 144hz. Any help is appreciated!

Solution
If they have proven it can be done, then you should follow the steps they have followed to do so, & if you run into problems then they are the ones you should be contacting.

Having said that...given the results this guy had (http://www.overclock.net/t/1493866/guide-overclocking-your-monitor) -- maximum "default" refresh rate for his monitor was 75Hz, & he was only able to push it op to 78Hz through overclocking with CRU -- you'll be lucky to even get it to 147-150Hz, if it even goes that high.

Bullet Knight

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

Monitors have limitations it seems to be able to overlock only 1 hz some can overclock to +5,+10 e.t.c depends on the screen

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
If they have proven it can be done, then you should follow the steps they have followed to do so, & if you run into problems then they are the ones you should be contacting.

Having said that...given the results this guy had (http://www.overclock.net/t/1493866/guide-overclocking-your-monitor) -- maximum "default" refresh rate for his monitor was 75Hz, & he was only able to push it op to 78Hz through overclocking with CRU -- you'll be lucky to even get it to 147-150Hz, if it even goes that high.

Solution