Bios bootloop after update

Matrixians

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
Hi. I have a HP EliteBook 8570w. Everything booted fine on Windows 10, but then I installed an update and an insider preview, restarted and just kinda waited. When I came back, I only saw the HP bios logo. I turned it off with the power button, and when I turned it back on, it got stuck in a BIOS boot loop. I can still access it's bios config menu wirh esc normally, tried selecting Hard Drive in boot menu, but it just gets stuck in that loop. failed. It does boot the CD tho, but recovery media didn't help.

Matrixians

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

sorry for everything. Turns out none of the updates mentions were installed, forgot to mention that i had dualboot with ubuntu, thus i fixed the problem with the boot repair disc and repaired grub and know it worked fine! Except for the fact that there are now to windows boot entries: sda1(the 100MB partition) and sda2(Windows partition). I booted sda2 and it worked fine, but should this under any circumstance cause any problem in the future? or can i delete the other entry with grub-customizer?