Windows 10 BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Solution
when you get a bugcheck, often parameter 1 is the error code.
your error code was 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005 which is 0xC0000005
this is a error code that means a bad memory address was passed.

this error code is a good indicator that you should run memtest86 to confirm your bios memory timings.
I generally have people update the BIOS first simply because if memtest86 show errors you have to update the bios and retest anyway.

if the memtest does not show any problems I would run the system using verifier since you have a lot of
Kaspersky running

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can't read dumpfiles but this can... Can you download and run who crashed - it will give us a glimpse of the errors you getting and might help us solve them

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

there are a few who can read them around but this is something to start with.

Mr_KoKa

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
I have it but it is rather generic and points to kernel.

BTW, I see posts that BIOS update might help as they update USB, but it may also get it worse, I see few updates here https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z87X-UD4H-rev-1x#support-dl but all they say is overclocking improvements, and one "PCI Express - Express", do you think they may have something to do with USB too?

On Wed 02.08.2017 17:08:21 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080217-7625-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C4C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801BD680FE5, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 02.08.2017 17:08:21 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801BD680FE5, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
yes, that is downside to who crashed, it likes to blame kernel but then so does the debugger... its just with dumps you can also see what drivers installed that might be cause - it shows details like driver names, the dates they were created and what bios you have. I wouldn't recommend the Beta version, odd a Z87 board even still has a beta version...

hopefully now i answered someone will look in here and read dumps. Otherwise I will message them.

Mr_KoKa

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
Yes, that beta is weird, like they forgot and the board wasn't cheap one either to leave it like this, I would try the beta one either :] I woudl go with F9 if any.

I had some obvious BSODS before, that was due to conflict or bad drivers for my PCI (no E) card, It would BSOD me on driver installation, I could only hear poping of turning it on and of several times in my headphones, then BSOD, I had to take it out at the time of creators update being installed anyway because it was causing BSODS at driver installation part of update. So I thought now I have got rid of it it will never BSOD on me again.

In earlier threads I had my dump check and the PCE sound card drivers was mentioned along with my USB sound card drivers, but if it will turn out to be my USB soudn card then I think I will need to live with those BSOD once in a while :) As it is my main sound source and mic.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I got the same generic results of what caused the crash using the Windows debugger, however it will at least list the drivers out and maybe Colif can help you with those. I got the following information: https://pastebin.com/sYNtJJHG

File: 080217-7625-01.dmp (Wed Aug 2 11:08:21 2017)
BugCheck: [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)] {ffffffffc0000005, fffff801bd680fe5, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)

I can't help you with this. Wait for Colif or someone else to reply. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
not many old drivers here, lots of Kaspersky files - maybe make sure its up to date but it appears to be

Maybe update Logitech Gaming Software
update Intel Management Engine Interface, file is from 2015
update Intel LAN drivers

not sure what this is
ftdibus.sys - USB Serial Converter Driver (Dated Fri Mar 11 2016) its for converting serial to USB?

Mr_KoKa

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
ftdibus is my arduino push to talk button, I have updated logitech software, not sure about Intel Management Engine Interface, cannot I just turn it off? Also my service manager says my lan driver is 21.03.2017 so maybe there is more I need to turn off?

Colif

Win 11 Master
e1i63x64.sys (Dated Fri Mar 4 2016) - Intel LAN... it might be new enough to ignore

Intel Management Engine Interface or IMEI is one of the main components of the VPRO Remote Access technology by Intel. VPRO is an umbrella term that refers to a collection of several computer hardware technologies that help in managing the PCs. These technologies provide security features and enable remote accessing to the PC including the management, monitoring and maintenance irrespective of the operating system state and PC power state as well. IMEI manages the processor�s input/output operations.

What exactly is IMEI?
Most of the people still remain confused with the term Intel Management Engine Interface as they have little knowledge of the computer hardware. So, here is a short definition of IMEI. Basically, it is an interface that uses the Intel ME hardware features to enable an interaction between high- and low-level hardware systems in a system. With this Intel feature, the administrators can now handle the tasks without intervention of the human beings. This has simplified various tasks in a computer system.
Is IMEI required in all systems?
Intel Management Engine Interface allows you to work in both low as well as high level hardware environments. You can carry out various configuration tasks using this interface system. Also, some applications like remote access require connection between low and high levels of hardware in the board. For this IMEI is must.
Setting up the Management Engine (ME)
Management engine is a low power, small computer sub-system that is built into many chipset based platforms of the processors. For utilising the Management Engine interface, you are required to setup the Intel�s ME by activating it successfully in compatible BIOS system of the PCs. Once the Management Engine is enabled in the system, you get access to different BIOS functions. For altering any existing changes in the BIOS system, you need to configure an initial password for the administrator when you enter the ME BIOS interface for the very first time.

With the help of ME, one can easily turn ON Intel�s active management technology already existing on the system. The power management feature of this technology saves overhead energy that is not in use. Management Engine shuts down after a definite interval of time when the interface is no longer active. This allows the systems to sleep thus saving power when not in use.

Tasks performed by the Management Engine

The main component of Management Engine interface, ME performs a number of tasks in conditions when the system is running or in sleep mode. It also supports several tasks during the boot process. This sub-system is required for proper functioning and maximum efficiency of the PC. The interface checks whether the system is working properly or not while communicating with the operating system of PC.

Use of IMEI drivers
It is well known that the Intel Management Engine Interface enables effectual communication between the Intel Management Engine firmware and the host operating system. The Driver installs the hardware required for proper functioning of interface. Intel Management Engine interface driver support is different for different operating systems.

https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/55149-intel-management-engine-interface.html

Colif

Win 11 Master
in device manager, click view/hidden devices and see if it shows anymore

I get a few more than you do
D9xR8ZU.jpg
but then my motherboard does have WiFi & bluetooth

Mr_KoKa

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
I don't know, I'm just saying that I cannot really find any recent drivers of IMEI, looking for "Intel Management Engine Interface drivers" only one link from intel that is about IMEI drivers for some of their NUCs or something, and my LAN driver appear to be recent, not even 2016 but 2017 and it uses e1d62x64.sys not e1i63x64.sys I could install update but how do I know I updated something when I don't see the device that uses the old one (e1i63x64.sys)

Colif

Win 11 Master
both show on file reference sites as Intel Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, they are for different controllers

e1d62x64 matches https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/71307/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I218-LM (Released 2010)
e1i63x64 matches https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/41280/Intel-82580EB-Gigabit-Ethernet-Controller (released 2014)

and no, I don't know which one you have as Motherboard web site isn't that specific, I don't think Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) tells me enough... motherboard manual time... it also didn't help. INtel web site on Z87 chipset also didn't tell me anything. I could guess based on release dates that you have the correct one. Still a mystery where other one came from

there are too many choices: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/network-io/ethernet/controllers.html

Your controller: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/network-io/ethernet/controllers/connection-i217-v.html - I only know this based on your screenshots.

when you get a bugcheck, often parameter 1 is the error code.
your error code was 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005 which is 0xC0000005
this is a error code that means a bad memory address was passed.

this error code is a good indicator that you should run memtest86 to confirm your bios memory timings.
I generally have people update the BIOS first simply because if memtest86 show errors you have to update the bios and retest anyway.

if the memtest does not show any problems I would run the system using verifier since you have a lot of
Kaspersky running

Solution