Im reaching the end... Please Help Me!

wolfbearnoury

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
GUYS I WOULDN'T BE HERE IF I DIDN'T ABSOLUTELY NEED HELP. Right I've built 4 pc's in my life time (starting at 11) I'm now 20. I recently built a new PC catered to 4k gaming, however when I install windows 10 at around 80% of install I will get a "kernel security check failure" BSOD. HOW CAN I FIX THIS I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. Thanks for reading this and I hope that you can all help me. My new build consists of:

OS: I cant install one... I've tried win7, win10 and even Ubuntu to no avail
case: Bitfenix Prodigy M
CPU: i5:7600k
MOBO: Asus Intel ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING LGA 1151 mATX Motherboard
RAM: Corsair LPX 16gb DDR4 (2x8gb)
GPU: GTX1080 FE
PSU: Corsair cx650m
Water cooling aio: EK a240g

Solution
Hi,

Test Your memory's
Run Memstest86+ Download and install Memtest86+ it's a free s/w http://www.memtest.org/
Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB-stick, it is a very small program, it will easily fit on a CD.

Then boot the computer from this, Memtest86+ will automatically start, and don't worry - it will not in any way compromise nor touch anything on the hard drives.
You must run Memtes86+ until at least pass 8,9,10 and 11 (it uses different test pattern then) and for 8GB of memory with an Intel 2600K it will take the whole night, approx 4-5 hours, if 16GB memory - twice as long.
If an error occur, You can just shut it down. Then You know that it is a serious problem with your memory's.
Take out all memory stick but one and run...
Hi,

Test Your memory's
Run Memstest86+ Download and install Memtest86+ it's a free s/w http://www.memtest.org/
Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB-stick, it is a very small program, it will easily fit on a CD.

Then boot the computer from this, Memtest86+ will automatically start, and don't worry - it will not in any way compromise nor touch anything on the hard drives.
You must run Memtes86+ until at least pass 8,9,10 and 11 (it uses different test pattern then) and for 8GB of memory with an Intel 2600K it will take the whole night, approx 4-5 hours, if 16GB memory - twice as long.
If an error occur, You can just shut it down. Then You know that it is a serious problem with your memory's.
Take out all memory stick but one and run the test again - it will be much faster.
If no problem, replace the memory stick and run memtest86+ again so that you now which memory stick is faulty.

The second:
When it comes to memory's there are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Always install memory sticks from one memory kit. They are matched together.

2. Always make sure that the chosen memory's is indeed supported by the motherboard and its processor.
Different types of memory's, different frequencies, timings etc. the memory stick with the lowest speed will always set the speed for the rest of them.

3. Very important that the voltage of the memory are supported by the processor; meaning that a memory stick with to much voltage let say 1.65V when the processor spec. clearly says 1.35V - will damage and shorten the processors life span.

4. Make sure that the height of the memory modules can fit under the CPU-cooler (if it is not original).

Use a memory configurator such as
Corsair http://www.corsair.com/en-us/memory-finder
Kingston http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/options
G-Skill http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator
Etc.

But even then, som memory manufacturers recommend memory's with a little bit to high voltage, so make sure that the CPU manufacturer specs for that particular model of CPU is followed regarding the memory voltage.
Otherwise it will shortened the CPUs lifespan. Over Clocking is always a risk.

For ex. a processor of 2:a generation Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 of Sandy Bridge alt 3: generation "Ivy Bridge" etc. these should have 1,5V +/- 5%- memory's.

For DDR3 memory: 1.5 volts, plus or minus 5%
For DDR3L memory: 1.35 volts, plus or minus 5%
For DDR4 memory: 1.2 volts, plus or minus 5%

Best regards from Sweden

Solution

wolfbearnoury

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
Guys, I've wiped my partition and have tried to reinstall many many times.

I am using the windows 10 installer from Microsoft.

I will try memtest tonight after work and msg back with results

Thank you for all your responses

Ok, You can turn off the computer. No reason to continue running this test for now.

Open up Your chassi, check that each memory module is indeed properly seated into its slots.
Very important and very easy to miss.
Run mMemtest86+ again

Otherwise, unplug the memory sticks and then just plug in one of them and run the test again.

As I said in preivus post:
Take out all memory stick but one and run the test again - it will be much faster.
If no problem, replace the memory stick and run memtest86+ again so that you now which memory stick is faulty.

wolfbearnoury

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014

I've taken everything out of the case, I've made sure everything was properly inserted beforehand right now I'm at 5 errors.

Is it safe to say that these RAM sticks are faulty? Should I send them back?

Also, some of the errors end with CPU: 0 but the last two end with CPU:3 and CPU:1, does that mean faulty cpu cores>

Danny_112

Prominent
May 2, 2017
I did a lot of searching and reading this afternoon, about
your problem, it's most often caused by incompatible drivers.

Are you overclocking anything ? cpu or memory ? perhaps you have the XMP
profile enabled, turn it off and retry the installation, if it fixes the problem, then you'll
know, that it's your hardware, if not, then were gonna keep at it, until we find the solution.

I helped someone with a similar issue earlier today. He ended up having a faulty hard drive.

Please perform an extended hard drive test. Not just a basic.

Other things you can try also it adjusting your SATA modes in the BIOS. If it is on IDE change it to SATA and try it again.

I'm Sorry, but none of the suggestions about Windows or faulty harddrive are in place here.
Memtest86+ clearly says problem and taht test has nothing what so ever to do with hard-drive nor Windows since its not even loaded.

So, Memory problem I suggest?
Take out one stick and run memtest again - it will be much fastwer then.
If still error, replace the memstick and run again. Only one stick at atime.
best regards from Sweden

wolfbearnoury

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014

Running one with only a RAM stick, will update with results