Prepared a gaming PC build, have a look and advise :)

H_Four

Prominent
May 30, 2017
First: I've already posted this on reddit, so maybe you have already seen it. If not go ahead and have a look please :)

Hi all,

I've just created a build and I wanted you guys to have a look at it (maybe you have some crazy advice or sth).

This is supposed te be a 1080p gaming (and workstation with 60Hz IPS monitor) build that is to be last at least 3 years. As the digital currencies are still high, the GPU prices are still high so I was a bit limited there. I cannot wait too long anymore, since my current PC is failing.

The build itself can be found in the next line, but please read the whole post before going there.

LINK: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W7CDRG

I am building this PC in Poland for Polish Złoty (PLN) and my target was roughly 4000 ($1100).

Some of the parts that I have actually chosen are different, because they were not in that database, and prices in PLN are higher apparently, so this actual build is 4200PLN ($1170).

The changed parts:
CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Pure Rock
Power Supply: Be Quiet! 500W Pure Power 10

Now, I was reading about the problems with Ryzen, which popped up on the /r/buildapc subreddit today - segmentation faults? I do not understand those completely, but should I be afraid and change the Ryzen 5 to an i5?

Regarding the Motherboard, if I so desire in future, will it allow me to overclock the CPU? I think so, but I am not sure.

The SSD is there just for Windows. I am going to use my old HDD for everything else.

Does it matter if I pair up nVidia GPU with AMD CPU? I've read somewhere that they tend to work better when both are from the same manufacturer but I cannot easily believe that...

-----

Dunno, let me know if you find some flaws with this build that I might have overlooked, or maybe recommend me some replacements so I could drop the price a little.

All feedback will be appreciated, really want it to be double checked by more experienced people :)

-----

EDIT:
Idea - replace the 1600X with 1600 (which already comes with cooling) and for that money get a second 8GB RAM?

H_Four

Prominent
May 30, 2017

Ya, that was the idea, to get the kit 2*8GB. Thanks :D

Danny_112

Prominent
May 2, 2017
Don't skimp on the PSU, always buy, good quality and powerful enough.

Consider EVGA for your PSU, 600W
If you can wait a while longer, the price of the NVidia 1070's should start to drop soon.

Also memory 2 x 8 gb, Windows 7 and 10, work way better with 16 gig of memory.

H_Four

Prominent
May 30, 2017

Thanks. The Be Quiet! 500W Pure Power 10 is Silver Rated. It should be more than enough I think. that EVGA is twice as expensive in Poland tho.

1070s are still pretty much twice as expensive comparing to this 1060. I don't expect them to drop by half soon enough, as the digital currencies are still holding quite well. How do you guess this?

Danny_112

Prominent
May 2, 2017

If the price difference is this big, then by all means, purchase what you can afford,
and enjoy it.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Not that you picked a bad unit but for future reference the bronze/silver/gold/Platinum rating g system has nothing to do with quality. It's purely efficiency of power drawn from wall and put into the computer. There are 80+ below bronze units that are better quality than some gold units (looking at you evga supernova nex gold units)