Mouse stutters when using temp monitoring programs

Robin98

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I've got a really weird problem. I installed Windows 10 on my new PC yesterday. Everything runs fine, except the temp monitoring program I always use! For my GPU I run MSI Afterburner, it works great, but to keep monitoring all my temps I use Open Hardware Monitor. On my previous PC this worked great, no problems at all. But on this PC, the mouse starts to stutter when I start programs like Open Hardware Monitor. I tried almost every other temp monitoring program, same problem, mouse starts to stutter. I really don't understand why. The temp monitoring programs are really causing the problem because when I shut them off, the mouse starts to act normal immediately. How can this be possible? I don't understand it!!!

And the problem can't be my specs, here are some:

Motherboard: MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
GPU: MSI Radeon RX570 ARMOR 4G OC

I hope you guys can help me. I want to monitor my temps without a stuttering mouse!

Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Robin

Solution
This seems to happen to some people for random reasons, with random software and hardware configurations.
The first thing that comes to mind is that there are too many active devices sitting on the same interrupt.

The easiest thing to do is to try the mouse in different usb ports, especially one that runs off a different usb hub on your motherboard.
Maybe try move all your usb devices to a different location, e.g. front ports instead of back.
See in your bios is there's any mention to IRQ allocation and if that can be reset.

jasonkaler

Distinguished
This seems to happen to some people for random reasons, with random software and hardware configurations.
The first thing that comes to mind is that there are too many active devices sitting on the same interrupt.

The easiest thing to do is to try the mouse in different usb ports, especially one that runs off a different usb hub on your motherboard.
Maybe try move all your usb devices to a different location, e.g. front ports instead of back.
See in your bios is there's any mention to IRQ allocation and if that can be reset.

Solution