MSI 760GM-P23 FX supports up to 1333 MHz Ram. CyberpowerPC shipped my rig with 1600 ?!

My_AMD6300_and_Me

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Did CyberPowerPC include the wrong ram in my complete system build ? I bought it from Fingerhut . MSI website for its 760GM-P23 FX motherboard states in specs its maximum supported ram speed is 1333 Mhz , yet mine came with 2 x 4 Gb sticks 8 GB total of 1600 Mhz . My pc runs good, but will it damage my mobo ? Also looking to buy 16 Gigs of 1333 . Which is the best ( compatible ) gaming performance ram i can get for a reasonable price right now ?

My_AMD6300_and_Me

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
I know DDR3 prices are through the roof right now as DDR4 is soon to be released . So if you have old rigs better buy your ram now as i heard prices will only rise , level out , yet never lower again . Believe it or not i love my old AMD 6300 as it runs GTA 5 ultra settings at ultra smooth frame rates . This is due in part by the Nvidia GTX 1060 card combined with the new Windows Creators Update. I highly recommend it as the new update is made for gaming performance. NOTE : You will need to update your graphics card drivers to work properly with WCU !!! Also disable "full screen optimizations" in PlayGTA5.exe properties for huge performance gains . I use that method for all my games now and am noticing much better fps .

Welcome to the future, we've already had DDR4 memories for 2 years.

And no, having 1600MHz ram on 1333MHz supporting mobo isn't gonna damage it. It'll downclock it to 1333MHz if it can't run it and most likely the guys at cyberpowerpc already configured it to work, So i wouldn't worry about it.

My_AMD6300_and_Me

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017

Wonderful thanks for the info Finstar ! I see then that explains why Crucial.com was showing 1866 Mhz as compatible with my mobo . Now if i can only find affordable DDR3 ram . 16 Gigs of DDR3 from Crucial is priced at $140 ! Outrageous pricing and its only going to go up from what i've heard .

My_AMD6300_and_Me

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017

Haha that was a good one ! I haven't actually had the need to buy updated CPU's in years as AMD 6300 with latest GTX vid cards can still compete with the latest games , that is if you're a good software guy like myself with the fine tuning . Figured its about time to bump up my ram though .

Ram prices have been all over the place for about a year now. I still remember building my friends pc last summer with 16gb of ddr4 2666MHz ram and only paying around 75€ (about $90) for it, even with EUs messed up prices.
If you want more performance, then i'd suggest a platform upgrade.
I suggest you take a look at AMDs new Ryzen cpus. I know they're costly, but i think it'll be worth it.