Need suggestions on how to attach a mount arm to monitor to read in bed close up

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I find the laptop bulky and would prefer just having a screen weightless that I could prop myself up comfortably in bed and read that way. Does anyone know of a good way to set this up? From the wall to center of the bed is about 25 inches. I also want an arm that rotates vertically. Looking at something between a 24" to 27" monitor. Any suggestions?

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
better to get a laptop pillow?

exactly like the one you put on your lap, with a flat top for laptop. this way you dont kill yourself when you wake up in the morning after forgetting to swing the arm back against the wall. this way you would have to put the laptop and pillow away before you sleep = keeping it safe from nightmares.

fully mobile swing arms are expensive

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Yes, the mobile swing arms are expensive, but what I realized is how the "elbow" of the arm curves back when I would've pushed it away after using it could hit my window😧. I purchased an overbed table and put my laptop on it, now I see that I can put one of those table mount swing arms thru the overbed table (adding some plywood etc for better support than particle) and end up with a working solution.