WINDOWS 10 HATES GAMES (crashes all of them)

jaydin

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Hey.

Need some help. Pretty sure its windows 10 as iv not had any of these issues on 7 with the same parts. 50% chance when entering a game my whole system crashes. like windows freezes and i have to hard restart. While in game i dont really have any issues unless i try alt tab to change music then my whole pc crashes again. Its making playing almost impossible dose anyone know what could cause this?

PC Specs :

motherboard: MSI Z270 XPOWERGAMING-titanium
PSU: CORSAIR HX1000
CPU: INTEL i7 7700k
RAM: 8GB corsair vengance 3000MHZ---- X2 (16GB)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080ti Strix OC---- X2 (22GB)
HardDrive: SSD 240GB not sure what make. with 5 3TB hardives for storage.

Thanx :)

Solution
I'd suggest a clean install of Windows, drivers and games. This type of issue can be very hard to find and reinstalling everything is a good way to rule out software issue.

Hello jaydin

If I were you, I'd try going to the vendor's official website to manually download and install the most recent graphics driver and avoid overclocking for testing purpose.

Confirming that all Windows latest updates and patch are installed would also help.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!! :)

jaydin

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Hey guys thanx i installed every conceivable update for every driver i have. seemed to help alot, went a whole day with no crashes..... altough its still dose it sometimes. also i dont overclock any of my hardware. So its kinda fixed but if all my drivers are installed and it still dose it sometimes what could cause it?