First Gaming build - what do you think?

Yaroosky

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Just started building my first gaming pc and wanted some feedback on what you guys think of it

MBO: Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2 FM2+
CPU: AMD A8-7600,3.8GHz,4-Core,Kaveri
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050TI Windforce OC
Memory: 16GB
Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD, Sandisk 240GB SSD
PSU: CiT 850W

pairing an outadated APU with a discrete GPU, that's horrible (don't get me wrong, it will work, but the 1050ti will be bottlenecked, such a shame though, since u just build it :( i won't really mind if u just add it to some old PC u had)

the PSU wattage is too big for that build (though might be for safety reason since the brand are pretty shady? since to be honest, a good 400w is already enough for that build, 550w if u want to futureproof for upgrades later on)

u should've gotten a Ryzen 3 build instead, could've been better :(

Edit: Our condolences on your new gaming PC :(

Yaroosky

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
haha! thanks I got the board and cpu pretty cheap which doesn't bother me as its more of a platform to get started and work up from there.

Also ive got my hands on a Gigabyte GTX 970 GPU instead of the 1050ti

Glad you did not spend too much on it. When you get ready for an upgrade, you will need a new CPU/Mobo/RAM. You will see a significant improvement in your system if you come back here for advice on those components before you buy them.

woah there the bottleneck will be much more with the 970, but once u change to a better platform, the performance increase will also be significant!