Missing Enhancements Tab

Black Dovahbear

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017
I'm using the Logitech G230 microphone which is insanely quiet. I had to add a 20db boost to the microphone in order to be heard but when I have the boost, there is a loud hiss. To remove the hiss, I need to use a noise suppression option (which is in the enhancements tab) but I can't do that because In microphone properties there is no enhancements tab. I'm running Windows 10 and I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers but no luck there.

UPDATE: I have found the solution. On Realtek's website there are severeal drivers to choose from, I would pick the first one. This time I chose the driver underneath the README download. The enhancements tab then showed up with 2 options to choose from (noise cancellation and echo cancellation).

Download - http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Black Dovahbear

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017

There is no Signal Enhancements either.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i saw plenty about missing enhancements on microphone... i can't test if I have one as I lack a microphone

You could run the speech troubleshooter (its in settings/update & security/troubleshoot menu), or the recording audio troubleshooter

I don't know if it will help though.

Black Dovahbear

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017

Just letting you know that I found the solution, its in the update in case if you want to help other people with the problem (If there are other people experiencing this problem).