Random BSODS in windows 10, looking for troubleshooting help

Hughkjohns

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
Hey <<This is not Reddit>>, I’ve been having a rough month with my PC and was hoping you guys could help me out. About a month ago everything was working fine, but I finally decided to upgrade the 250gb of space that I had. I purchased a 1tb hard drive and ever since I installed it and reinstalled windows I have been having random crashes. So far I have reinstalled windows around 3 times, completely reassembled my PC, tried researching each crash, etc. But I have still not been able to fix it so I am turning to you guys for help.

The crashes happen randomly while I’m doing anything, sometimes while playing a game and sometimes while doing something simple like booting my PC or browsing. When I first install windows it’s usually okay for a couple days, like only a crash or two a day, but a week or so later it will be constant and sometimes crash 5 times while I’m trying to boot. The BSODs always have different messages, though some appear more frequent. Another thing that's been weird since it started happening is that when booting it shows the MSI logo from my motherboard for a second and then it goes black for a half second and shows it again. I'm pretty sure before hand it only did it once.

Specs:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/T01vlIC8pReuRDJCLNO6QwR

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
What kind of gpu do you have? Also go to settings and enable high performance, turn off hibernate and always keep power on disc. Also you said you upgraded to a 1 tb drive but I only see the 232gb drive on spec sheet?