Getting random BSODs, ntoskrnl.exe, different errors

vashayatrah

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Greetings,

I have had this issue since the day I built this computer a year ago. I get BSOD at random times (minutes, hours or days apart) doing random things (idling, browsing, playing games). BSODs show different errors, among them are KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more. They all say that the error was caused by an undetermined driver or sometimes a more specific program, but always a different one. ntoskrnl.exe module is mentioned every time though.

This is so random that I can't figure it out. Here's the last BSOD, (dropbox) bsod_file.zip

I have tested RAM with different tools (memtest etc.) for 10hrs+, stress tested CPU, and changed motherboard and SSD. Test gave no results and changing those two components made no difference. Uninstalling programs and trying a different OS didn't help.

The only weird thing was when I changed the PSU. The original one is Corsair CX430M. I have no obvious issues with it and I don't believe it's to weak for my build (shown below) since I've been getting BSODs even when I was running the system without a dedicated graphics card for 3 months. But when I tried and older 300W PSU the system kept restarting (no BSODs). I don't believe PSU is connected to my BSODs.

BSODs appear to happen most frequently, when I'm playing video games or when I'm installing something. It doesn't always happen, but I almost expect it every time I install something big like a video game, or play it. Again, I tried a HDD instead of SSD but had the same results.

Also, on ubuntu, I don't get BSODs, obviously, but the system freezes every so often. Maybe the same failure that causes a BSOD in Windows causes these freezes.

I would appreciate any help!

Last BSOD file again, (dropbox) bsod_file.zip

System specs:
- Asus B150M Pro Gaming
- Intel Core i3-6100
- Corsair CX430M 430 Watt
- Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 2x8GB
- Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

Solution
Agent.exe is for installshield update service

Old drivers:

lvrs64.sys (Dated Mon Oct 22 2012) - Logitech Camera software (update or remove)
rt640x64.sys (Dated Thu Oct 1 2015) - Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver << this could be reason since its the LAN driver
RTKVHD64.sys (Dated Fri Jan 22 2016) - Realtek HD Audio, can get latest drivers here: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html

everything else that was running at time seems up to date.

I see he gave us way more than I was expecting. i love those 1975 drivers, even if dos did use drivers they wouldn't work with windows 10 lol. They are part of windows so should be right.

I would download hwinfo
when it...

Colif

Win 11 Master
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause.

Check you have latest motherboard drivers. The dump (if that is what you uploaded) will reveal more, I just don't have right programs required to read them. Someone else will for you or at least decode it so i can look at it.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/6tDRR5UM

File: 080417-4046-01.dmp (Fri Aug 4 06:41:31 2017)
BugCheck: [KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)] {3, ffffb10199747160, ffffb101997470b8, 0}
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: Agent.exe)

Colif, there's a lot more info in the zip the OP posted, including drivers and other stuff.

I can't help you with this. Wait for someone else to reply. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Agent.exe is for installshield update service

Old drivers:

lvrs64.sys (Dated Mon Oct 22 2012) - Logitech Camera software (update or remove)
rt640x64.sys (Dated Thu Oct 1 2015) - Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver << this could be reason since its the LAN driver
RTKVHD64.sys (Dated Fri Jan 22 2016) - Realtek HD Audio, can get latest drivers here: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html

everything else that was running at time seems up to date.

I see he gave us way more than I was expecting. i love those 1975 drivers, even if dos did use drivers they wouldn't work with windows 10 lol. They are part of windows so should be right.

I would download hwinfo
when it starts, choose sensors only
on next window, down bottom are a row of buttons. click "Logging start" and let it run in background and it may show us cause of a restart, if its hardware anyway.

Solution