Triple monitor purchase advice

Dale_94

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
So I'm looking at leaving my single monitor behind and getting 3. My current monitor is a bog standard 1080p 60hz asus with a 5ms response time.

I would love to go to 1440p 144hz but doubt I can afford it.

1080p 144hz is an alternative.

The question is: ill only be gaming on 1 or 2 of them so could I harness the 144hz if I KEEP my 60hz 1080p as a 3rd?

Other question: any advice on what monitors to get if budget is a concern, 144hz+ is a requirement and 1080p minimum res?

Solution
You should be able to run them at their native refresh if you're not trying to game at two different refresh rates. Like game on one at 144 and run web browser/teamspeak etc on a second at 60. Really two in that config is optimum. Not sure the value of a third.
Really need to game on one or three - two is right out as the bezels will split your character up in 3rd person or crosshair up in 1st person. Or, if you do RTS you might be able to swing two.

You're going to need a very strong cpu and gpu get 144fps across multiple monitors unless you play very low requirement games.

Dale_94

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
So fair play Im better gaming on 1 or 3 not 2. If I was to game on 1 of the 144hz monitors but 1 of my 3 was a 60hz, will I be capped at 60fps or up to 144? And any pointers on on the 2nd q? :)

You should be able to run them at their native refresh if you're not trying to game at two different refresh rates. Like game on one at 144 and run web browser/teamspeak etc on a second at 60. Really two in that config is optimum. Not sure the value of a third.

Solution