Computer won't return from sleep mode

Kylejazzman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2016
When my computer is put to sleep either manually or automatically, the power button blinks slowly and i am unable to turn it back on. I press the power button and it sounds as if it were turning back on, but my screens remain black (both screens are still on). The only way I'm able to get it out of this state is to hard reset my entire computer. I've been looking for an answer online for months. Any help with this?

Solution
is this a case of the computer actually wakes, but your screen does not? this is possibly the 3rd or 4th time i've come across this type of question, it isnt uncommon.

if this is indeed the case you suffer from the solution could be:
enter bios
disable pll overvoltage.
Post your complete system specifications. Especially the brand and model of the power supply unit and the CPU.

One of your other posts state that you were getting an Intel Core i5-6500 Skylake Processor for your MSI Z170A GAMING PRO motherboard.

If your power supply unit uses group regulation on its outputs then you may run into a problem where the system won't properly wake from sleep state. The solution for this problem is to go into the motherboard's UEFI setup and disable C6 and C7 low processor power state support for the CPU.

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
is this a case of the computer actually wakes, but your screen does not? this is possibly the 3rd or 4th time i've come across this type of question, it isnt uncommon.

if this is indeed the case you suffer from the solution could be:
enter bios
disable pll overvoltage.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS