Graphics update with AMD Athlon II X3 435

ZeCherrys

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Hi,

I have a real PC with good CPU and GC, but also a desk computer which I use primarily for working, but sometime for a little gaming with games that aren't too demanding.
It's CPU is Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.9GHz, with 4GB RAM, and the current GC is a Radeon HD 5770. With that, even watching youtube videos in 60fps or working with simple graphic programs like geogebra (math teacher) is troublesome... So I was thinking on upgrading the GC to something better, without bottlenecking it with my CPU (that I don't want to OC).

What should I get? GTX 1050? (I generally prefer Nvidia over ATI). Is there a notable difference regarding the brand I chose (I'll buy it on this website) ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

popatim

Titan
I don't think your old motherbd will work with a newer GC.
That website didn't work right for me so I could not browse the available cards sadly but you might be restricted to the 700 and lower series cards for Nvidia

ZeCherrys

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Hmm didn't think of that. My motherboard is a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO, with pci-e 2.0 x16. But that doesn't mean I can't put 3.0 card does it? Would a GTX 750 ti be a good fit? Or could I even go higher?