Stuttering issue on Windows 10

SIRFureman

Honorable
Jun 23, 2014
So this started happening a little after downloading a recent Windows's feature update. I noticed it when I was playing PUBG.
What happens is every few seconds there is a very short stutter in both the game and the sound. It sounds almost like the sound restarts when I am driving a car for example. The stutters don't last long enough to ruin gameplay, but it is really annoying

It happens on everything now. For example, listening to music I get sound stutters every few seconds.

Naturally I fiddled around and it seems to go away when I disable my PCI Express wifi adapter. So I uninstalled anything to do with it and I restarted my PC only to find the issue return. I tried looking for the updated drivers, but I could not find Realtek wireless drivers anywhere.

If anyone can give me suggestions on what I can try. Also, I have a brand new wifi card from my new PC i just built, so i can install that if all else fails. I'd like to avoid that though because this is my old secondary rig.

SIRFureman

Honorable
Jun 23, 2014

I watched it earlier yesterday, and I didn't pick up on any anomalies. I also looked in event viewer.

SIRFureman

Honorable
Jun 23, 2014

I'm not sure, but I can check. Do you think installing my brand new wifi adapter will fix this. The one I have now is like 4 years old. It doesn't even have a 5ghz band.