Error/problems with Windows 10 media features, Windows 10 Enterprise N

DeclaredSnow

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
i have had some issues with my windows after an update some months ago. all apps and games that need that pack wont work and give different error messages for example GTA V "Dependency MFREADWRITE.DLL is missing". i noted this issue first when my wallpaper app started to act weird after a win update.

i have tried to delete/ install the packs. without success. for example when i a temped to install the feature pack, (KB3010081) it gives me an error message that it is already installed on the PC.

i have also done a full Ccleaner run without success on the issue.

i had this issue before when i just had build the pc. the fix back then was to find those media packs.

What should i do?

where my hardware skills are on point, my software skills are rated: Skill lv. Google everything, you have no software shame.

please feel free to tell me if you need more info or other error messages from different apps/ games.

Solution
Yes, Fresh installing with Pro should fix this problem, i don't know what features aren't included in Enterprise but I assume graphics drivers could be one area not fully supported.

if you know you have to do it, it gives you time to prepare and make sure you don't lose anything. fresh installs only take 25 minutes on modern systems, longer to reinstall all your programs but on Pro they should work

this might help: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

If you have a Pro licence, I would download the Windows 10 media creation tool on a non enterprise PC and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, as at least this way you have newest version of win 10 when you jump.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what graphics card do you have as i can see that problem being solved by upgrading GPU drivers - https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/3f2rsk/dependency_mfreadwritedll_is_missing_on_windows_10/

Where did you get Enterprise from? In most cases Enterprise installs are supported by an IT section as Enterprise isn't normally sold to individuals. The process for updating them is even different to regular windows update so getting support really depends on who owns the licence

DeclaredSnow

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

Hello sir.

I have a GTX ASUS ROG STRIX 1060. never had a issue with this card. clocks stable at 2139MHz Core and 9216MHz Mem. ang again. no issues what so ever. i have removed and installed my drivers. cleaned my software etc. i can at this point tell that the GPU ( or other hardware is no issue). unless ITS My NVE m.2 where my OS is installed that is being weird. but the chances of that being the issue are low. ( Samsung 960).

but my OS. this must be the issue. i know they are almost not supported since they are for programmers and IT etc. basically people who know what they are doing. ( so way above my own software skills and knowledge in general ).

i got my Enterprise N 64 from a contact at Microsoft, since he had them laying around and could spare one.-

i am considering to so a full system wipe and installing a clean Win 10 PRO instead. if i would not get the same issue where i have to manually install all the extras like these media feature packs etc.

i had this issue as well when i first got enterprise. same error messages. the fix back then was getting the correct feature packs. worked like a charm until the win 10 update that was a few months ago. then i started getting more error messages and so on. I have basically ignored this since it does not affect my day to day usage. but it is annoying. and there are some programs and games i would like to play, and cant because of this.

i am sorry for me taking so long to respond. i have been hammered with work and personal life and forgot a little about this post.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, Fresh installing with Pro should fix this problem, i don't know what features aren't included in Enterprise but I assume graphics drivers could be one area not fully supported.

if you know you have to do it, it gives you time to prepare and make sure you don't lose anything. fresh installs only take 25 minutes on modern systems, longer to reinstall all your programs but on Pro they should work

this might help: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

If you have a Pro licence, I would download the Windows 10 media creation tool on a non enterprise PC and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, as at least this way you have newest version of win 10 when you jump.

Solution

DeclaredSnow

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
thank you sir. ill do a clean pro install tomorrow. its been a little over a year since my last install so i guess this will clean up a lot of the mess. i have a 960evo for my OS alone so cant lose anything important :)

DeclaredSnow

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

Hello sir.

id thought I would update you on my status.

So i did a fresh win 10 install. I actually brought a retail version so i could bug MS support if i had any more issues.
well they are gone. not a single error message and it runs like a clock.

I am still convinced that those Media packs being buggy and not fully supported being the main issue. Enterprise is not your common gaming OS, so that understandable that they wont go all inn fixing bugs that only affect a small part of its users. especially since enterprise is not Retail.

Anyway. thank you for the help sir.