No video when video card is plugged

skully172

Honorable
Aug 7, 2016
Here's all that happened. First my mobo stopped working out of nowhere, had it replaced, then i discovered that the jumpers from the case have problems sometimes but that's not the issue here. When i got the new Mobo my video wont show with the graphics card. I wen't to my bro's house to test it with his PSU unit in case that was the problem (which was the exact same as mine (550w)) and it showed video, so i bought an EVGA 650w just in case, i thought i had it fixed it still doesn't show video. Doesn't matter if i plug VGA or HDMI on either the video card or the motherboard, it won't show any video when the GPU is plugged in. I can't update the GPU drivers when the GPU is unplugged and, and i can't do it when it's plugged because i can't see anything. I can't see the bios when the graphics card is plugged, and i can't find the "thing" on the bio's to switch from the Onboard video to the PSI when the card is unplugged.

Specs:

Motherboard: B85M-D3PH
GPU: GTX 760
CPU: i7-4790k (not clocked)
RAM: 2x 8gb
650 psu
500gb ssd
300gb hd

Solution
Try resetting your bios by unplugging the power from the computer and manually removing the battery for the cmos on the motherboard and pushing the power button and waiting a few seconds then put the battery back in.

Its the large metallic circular shaped object with the word BAT beneath it.
Try resetting your bios by unplugging the power from the computer and manually removing the battery for the cmos on the motherboard and pushing the power button and waiting a few seconds then put the battery back in.

Its the large metallic circular shaped object with the word BAT beneath it.

Solution

skully172

Honorable
Aug 7, 2016

as i said i tested the PSU on my computer, it only has problems when the video card is plugged, if i unplug it and look at the RAM it shows the right ammount. Also, it's a new mobo, i already tried reseting the bios

skully172

Honorable
Aug 7, 2016

Out of anger i left the battery out for like 2 hours, worked. (last time i left it for about 30 minutes)