Need new tires for a 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE with a 2" lift kit. The current tires (Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's) need to be replaced as they are quite worn.
I am considering the following:
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A K02
General Grabber AT 2
Cooper Discoverer A/T3

The size I want is 33 x 12.50 R15 since that is the size I will be replacing. Most driving will be on pavement but I want something that will allow me to go off-road without being too aggressive for driving around town and country backroads.

Open to other suggestions and looking for help from people who have used one or more of these tires.

bignastyid

Titan
I had the BF all terrain ko2s on my last truck and they were a great tire. I got them when they first came out. They did well in muddy off road situations and well in the ice and snow. I will likely buy them again when the new truck needs tires.

Those are the ones the Jeep guys in the parts department is recommending. I've read good things about those but always better to hear from an actual user. I've only had the Jeep 2 weeks but knew when I bought it that the tires would soon need replacing. My first Jeep so I'm learning as I go.

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
I have experience with the Destination A/T's and would highly recommend them, but while they are a great tire for road, snow, etc, they are not as good as the K02 for trail running, and the cost difference.

Thank you to everyone who has responded and thank you for your patience. I'm out of my depth when it comes to Jeeps and Jeep tires but I am learning. I do know that it is fun to drive and it doesn't hurt that the wife loves it and the big tires.

Any truth that the BFG's have a problem with balancing? That it is difficult to keep the tire balanced? Last one I am going to ask about is the Falken A/T3W. Anyone know anything about those?

Update and Final Post: I have decided to go with the Falken A/T3Ws. Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.