dismay and frustration with toms and adds on iphone

iWow

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Tom's has been my go to tech news sight for the last ten years, recently though I have literally been unable to view site due to being redirected to a page where I am asked to answer q's to win an iphone, ps4, or ipad. On my desktop pc I can use site ok, but on iphone I am immediately redirected to this winning pain in the butt page. Problem is I am so busy with work atm that my phone is usually the only opportunity I get to visit tom's. BTW I don't experience this problem on my phone with any other site except toms. Also I am located in Perth Australia. Any advice???

I understand that toms has to generate revenue and adds are something that has to be expected, but this type of add that redirects you to a dodgy site and then blocks you from viewing tom's is going to do nothing but loose you readers!!! Does this add happen in the US too?? its been about three weeks now and I have almost given up trying to view toms, this post is a last attempt, or maybe a goodbye if issue cant be fixed. Damn it I have loved your site too.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
sounds like a mobile version of the site. try telling it to give you the desktop version.

also an ad blocker is always a good way to go no matter what the site. plenty of browsers out there with them built in or as add-ons.