GTA V lag and stuttering on a i5 4460 GTX 1060 6 GB 8 GB RAM

BreakDown225

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
I've a problem , my game stutter . If anyone can help me with some settings or tips i would be gratefull. i5 4460 3.2 Ghz MSI GTX 1060 6 GB GAMING X 8 GB RAM I will post screens if needed.

BreakDown225

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

in game gpu goes to 65 celsius max and gpu 65 celsius max too.

BreakDown225

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

cpu 90 % max but goes to 80 % sometimes and gpu max 95-98% sometimes. RAM using just 5900 MB out of 8 GB.

BreakDown225

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

1920x1080
60 hz
fxaa ON
Msaa x4
vsync off
Population variety , distance scaling , population density maxed out
Texture quality , Shader, Shadow Very high
Reflection Ultra
Reflection msaa off
Water, Particles Very high
Grass Ultra
Soft Shadows NVIDIA PCSS
PostFX ULTRA
Anisotropic filtering x16
Ambient Occlusion High
Tesselation Very high
If it's necessary to change my settings for better performance a recomandation from you would be appreciated. I see you have the same Gpu as me. I don't really know how to optimize my settings for a good performance.

BreakDown225

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

optimal recomandations or more to performance?

BreakDown225

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

i've done some settings, maybe they'll help too, changed from bios from normal to asus optimal performance and from msconfig boot- advanced boot and checked multiple processor 4 and maxium memory. It's ok with this?

I will try right now the optimal geforce settings and I let you know after.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
At 1080p, the difference visually between high and ultra settings is pretty slim, especially on fast paced action games where you've driven right past any object that can benefit from the higher details. To the gpu, the difference is huge and can take upto almost twice the amount of resources. Grass is a huge resource hog. Cpu has to place every blade, has to activate every motion, every size and dimension. It's on the gpu to take that info any apply it according to detail settings. Per blade. Slap a million ultra blades of grass viewable and the gpu will go nuts. Cut the viewing distance down, and the gpu can relax some as the details on distant blades can be blurred or non existent.

Mxaa, fxaa, AA, AF, smaa etc all can have an effect on the cpu as well, depending on visual taste, ability of game etc. Many can't visually see the difference between AA x8 and AA x16, some prefer certain games using fxaa vrs mxaa. That's going to be on you to decide just how low you can cut the post affects and still enjoy a certain level of 'roundness' to things. Some don't like mxaa, fxaa or smaa cuz it makes objects look too fuzzy and soft, which defeats the purpose of ultra detailed settings to sharpen up and clean up edges.

I'd start cutting back on detail settings, lowering them as much as you can live wjth/prefer, there's really not much need to see every color variation on every single blade of grass for miles when you drive past at 100mph+

BreakDown225

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Applied that settings and played a little bit...bigger framedrops from 60 to 30 near vinewood boulevard where are a lot of cars and people...i dunno what can be the problem here.

BreakDown225

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Can you recommend me some settings with your preferences.I'm not good at choosing settings. Just want as much quality as can be used.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No, I can't honestly recommend exact settings. I personally don't play GTA V or many games like it. Games are all the same, in that the cpu and gpu are paired and software/hardware and firmware all play a part. As in there's very few games in the last 10 or so years that don't use AA, AF, mxaa, txaa, fxaa, smaa or a combination. Grass is grass, be it in WoW, or Starwars games or GTA V, as are shadows, tesselation, directX, Vulkan, etc.
That said, I'm not you. My tastes and my expectations, my pc, my everything will differ from yours, as will anyone else's. So it's going to be on you to decide exactly what settings you can live with, what settings you can't, what fps you must have etc.
I'd start with dropping the AA to x8 and grass to high, see how the game responds. Do you think it's terribly ugly now? Dunno. Drop shadows to high, reflections to very high etc and keep playing. You could try turning on gpu v-sync, since new nvidia cards use adaptive v-sync, not the old fashioned v-sync, and that alone might reduce/eliminate the stuttering.

There's nothing inherently wrong with your pc, it just needs a little tweaking to get better performance vrs higher quality.

JFST

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Not sure if it can be your problem (pretty sure it is) but there seems to be a problem with NVIDIA drivers and Windows Creators Update (also on windows 7 and others W10 but seems W10 "activated" it for more people) giving a lot of stutters on a lot of games.

I created a thread here on TomsHardware but seems people got no interest on it ( :p ) even when it affects a lot of people, so i'll link you to a NVIDIA forums thread (there are more but just this one to start):
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1004600/geforce-drivers/all-games-stuttering-with-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/

Hope it helps you somehow.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
When windows CE first came out, it had issues with dates. For some odd reason it didn't like to use drivers older than its release date, so would instead use the windows generic drivers, which gave some ppl fits,especially nvidia, Lan and Realistic audio drivers. So much so, that MSI actually released new driver updates for Lan and audio for at least my Z77 board, which hasn't seen official support since October of 2013. Nvidia also jumped on the fixes and since the updated version of CE directly after the release, has run fixed drivers that aren't affected by CE date code conflicts. So as long as you have relatively recent nvidia drivers, loaded after CE, there shouldn't be an issue with the gpu. That's not to say the motherboard drivers, like Lan and audio aren't also a culprit, it's possible they are. Best advice is goto mobo manufacturer website and update bios and any/all drivers which pertain to your specific mobo.

abdman

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/5sh60q/gta_5_pc_stuttering_fix_for_players_with_816gb_of/

try this. :)

jomarsison422

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015

my settings (60fps gameplay)
1920x1080
60 hz
fxaa ON
Msaa x2
vsync on
Population variety , distance scaling , population density maxed out
Texture quality = very high